4th Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

_MG_2399.jpg
_MG_2400.jpg
_MG_2401.jpg
_MG_2402.jpg
_MG_2404.jpg
_MG_2405.jpg

1/48 scale Airfix Supermarine Spitfire with after sales elements include an Eduard cockpit detail set, ICM RAF ground crew and pilot.

Colours on the Spit seem a bit odd, and both ailerons are down (should be opposite opposed), but I like the overall theme. Particularly like the wind sock, although it seems to be located in a strange place, so close to a dispersal, and not off to the side of a runway, or near the control tower. Did you scratch-build the wind sock and pole?

Yah I agree with you had a few problems with the colours, and yes my mistake on the ailerons, I got the idea from the battle of Britain, in the film there are 3 spits parked up and behind one of them was a wind sock, so I used this just to add a bit of depth to the diorama, the wind sock its self came with a kit I purchased a while ago

Mike

Nice work, I really like how the pilot and the base turned out. The ailerons are a bit of an issue as Terry mentioned but I'm guessing not many people outside modelers or people that actually work on planes would notice. Bravo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back