58 Days in the frozen wilderness

michaelmaltby

Colonel
12,476
18,938
Joined
Jan 22, 2009
Location
Toronto
On this day, in 1967, the founder of Buffalo Air got lost and landed on a frozen lake in the Northwest Territories. After 58 days ... camped in his disabled de Havilland Beaver, he was rescued. This is a great tale:

Pilot Bob Gauchie?s story of how he survived nearly two months in brutally cold wilderness before his rescue | National Post
 
Last edited:
Great story! Thanks for sharing.
 
"....Aaaah....the wilderness, where nobody would notice that you're burying 'something', or at least they wouldn't ask any questions...."

I'm not quite sure what to make of that observation, 13, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume you were momentarily consumed by a Nordic "Impulse" to cache in the snow ....
 
I think, in reality, he is DB Cooper! :)
 
yeah, well................. :(
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back