A-Bombing Germany

which plane?

• other........... (post below the plane you think.........)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So nuking Germany might have saved lives. Interesting thought.

Well that post said a lot of suicides resulted. And the Russians were big on prisoners rights so alot of them might have been saved.

If you've read the History of the German Assault on Russia, the SS Einsatzgruppen did terrible despicable things to Soviet citizens and soldiers alike...Berlin was 'pay-back' time. - Ahanswurst is correct that there wasn't a need to A-bomd Germany, obviously the B-29/Lancaster delivery-aircraft factor is really an opinion thing...I believe the Lancaster COULD'VE done it , the B-29 went and did it, in Japan, but wasn't anywhere near ready to do it to Germany, at the time ...

Yes, I thought it was a bit weird someone coming out with that. Weird or stupid.

The B-29 flew its first combat mission on 5 June '44. More of a problem would have been getting the bomb ready.

Yes, and the Lanc would have had to be altered for high altitude, and carrying the bomb.

Too true. That's another thing we agree on. Lightning I think we agree more than not.. :lol:

You are right there. But our disagreements tend to become protracted. I'm going to guess we are both pretty stubborn people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back