A few more future releases.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Eduard have released their Spitfire MkVIII, with the tool being made in 2015. Seems an expensive way to make a MkVIII seeing they ha the basics in their MkIX kit ?

Eduard have released their Spitfire MkVIII, with the tool being made in 2015. Seems an expensive way to make a MkVIII seeing they ha the basics in their MkIX kit ?

I think they have added new sprues for wings and fuselage Terry. That probably amounts to another kit just about. I've got the "Overtrees" ordered. Should be here soon I hope. Then I can start to use up my collection of Aussie Spit decals

I agree the Eduard Spit Mk.VIII contains two new sprues with the fusleage and wing parts. The rest seems to be the same like for the early and late Mk.IX and Mk.IXe versions. Here a couple of shots found via the net.

Spitfire MkVIII.jpg

8284_00.jpg

8284_01.jpg

8284_02.jpg

8284_03.jpg

8284_04.jpg

8284_05.jpg

8284_06.jpg

8284_07.jpg

Looks good, but I see little difference in the fuselage sprue, at least, unless they've made improvements which can't be seen in the pics. I suppose I'll have to get one .....................

With the Mark IX's being up-engined Mk V airframes and the VIII's a dedicated fuselage, I wonder if there were some structural differences that would have been evident in the riveting and panel lines? I would have though that the wings would be either the C or E wing, both for which Eduard already have molds.

I have found images of the basic sprues used for all Eduard Spitfire models. Just for comparing. It appears that the Mk.VIII contains one new sprue with the fuselage parts only because of the retracted tail wheel and new wing tips. The wing sprue seems to be the same attached to the Mk.IXc late version. According to shots of kits the Mk.IXc early version ( Profi pack ) has attached two sprues for wings , both for the early and late version ( different bulges over the cannons ). The Mk IX.e has wing top halves of narrow bulges but moved at the different and correct location for the e-wing armament. Here pictures.

MK.IXc early ...

Edu Spit IXc early ver wing.jpg

Edu Spit IXc early ver winga.jpg

Edu Spit IXc early ver fus.jpg

Mk.IXc late ...

Edu Spit IXc late ver wing.jpg

Edu Spit IXc late ver fus.jpg

Mk.IXe ...

Edu Spit IXe ver wing.jpg

Edu Spit IXe ver fus.jpg

Last edited:
So, an expensive way to produce it, rather than taking the ICM route, and making the initial MkIX kit with an alternative part and 'cut out' to make the retractable tail wheel area - even though the tail wheel part on the ICM kit was still a MkIX type from memory.

May be you have seen it already, but Hyperscale presented a review of the new Revell Fw 190 F-8 that's also available for pre-order at Hannants ayt wht seems to be a very reasonable price.
Have a look here
Revell Kit No. 04869 - Focke-Wulf Fw 190 F-8 “Schlachter” Review by Brett Green
Alberto
This model not impressed me. Revell chaps can do better work (see excellent Bf 109G-6). Have you seen the cockpit and flaps details? Is this close to 1/32 or 1/72 standard? However a low price will allow upgrade the kit with few aftermarkets.

I'll be getting the Bdeford truck, which has just been released, and the Ground Crew set for sure. Probably won't bother with the full set as shown above though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back