A few more future releases.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Spotted some interesting new, and future releases in the Hannant's newsletter.

Due next week from a NEW manufacturer, with an 'imaginative' name (!) - Wingsy are releasing their first kit, in 1/48th scale, of the Mitsubishi A5M2b Type 96. Looks quite good, although perhaps a bit pricey for a 1/48th scale fighter, at £39.99 UK price.
Details at Hannant's, or at www.wingsykits.com

Some new stuff coming from ICM too, with a few 1/72nd scale new releases, which I didn't note down, some more versions of their 1/48th scale Ju-88, and one which should really fly off the shelves, a 1/48th scale Heinkel He-111H-3 (just because I searched and fell foul of HM Customs trying to get the Revell/Monogram example !).
For fans of Russian aircraft, there's a also a MiG 25 in 1/48th scale, and two versions of the Polikarpov I-16, the Type 24 in 1/32nd scale, and the Type 28 in 1/48th scale. These are due in the 2nd quarter of the new year, with the Heinkel due in the 3rd quarter. No prices yet, but if that He-111 is a good as their Dornier and Ju88, I'll be breaking my 'No More Kits' rule !

One I missed from the new Airfix kits for 2017 is their new, 1/72nd scale B-25C Mitchell, which looks to be very well detailed, internally and externally. Pity it wasn't released a few months ago, in 1/48th scale !
Also in 1/72nd scale, is their superb new Victor, the new B-17G, and Blenheim Mk.IV, as well as a Spitfire PR.19 and the British Phantom and Shackleton AEW 2.
It would be nice to see the Mitchell, Blenheim and Phantom repeated in 1/48th scale, but first - where the **** is the Spitfire Mk.XIV ??!!

This came up as a pre-order from here...LuckyModel.com - BOBCAT HOBBY Yakovlev Yak-28P "Firebar" (BC-48001)
1023002-21503-79-pristine.jpg

Never heard of Bobcat kits before but it seems like a very good price

EDIT: apparently it used to be called Xuntong Models.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back