A new book in my library. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just ordered "Resurrection: Salvaging the Battle Fleet at Pearl Harbor" by David Madsden. I've been looking for a book about the salvage of Pearl Harbor for over 20 years. This book just came out. Hope it's as good as it's reviews.

Charles

Glad it was only about a 1.5 cm tear. Well, small enough to not bother with sending it back for a replacement. Second time it's happened. First was Osprey's 'He111 Kampfgeschwader in the West' they managed to almost rip that in half across the spine. I was baffled because you physically wouldn't be able to do it by hand if you tried. Had to get a replacement that time. It scares you though when your awaiting a particularly rare out of print book just what kind of state it's going to be delivered as.

It certainly does cause concern - fortunately, I've been lucky so far, although I've received the odd kit where the box was crushed, although the contents were intact - and that's even with excellent packaging! Obviously no consideration for the service they supposedly provide - after large price increases and longer delays.
Anyway, look like interesting books !

Anyway, look like interesting books !

Yes, I've not had much chance to look at them yet. The Me410 walkaround photo booklet is ok for detailed shots and makes a nice addition to the free walkaround photos I can get from the net but like they say, you can never have enough detail photos.

Yep. I got permission to take a load of detail shots of the '410 last year. Unfortunately, as she was up on jacks at the time, the Museum's H&S coverage couldn't allow me into the cockpit - but I was allowed to crawl under her, with the cowlings and weapons bay open.

After having searched for a couple of years, I FINALLY obtained the missing volume to complete my collection of the Luftwaffe Classics series! The 4 books on the Me 262 IMHO are hard to beat.

Hi Neil. I have it from a good source that some of the earliest Classic volumes are unable to be reprinted...

I believe Vol 1 was reprinted as well, as the cover I have differs from most I've seen. I also had the same issue about finding them at reasonable prices (which is why it took so long to get them), here are the 3 sites I've used will looking for specific books.

BookFinder.com: Search Results (Matching Books)
AddAll Book Searching and Price Comparison - submit
Me 262, Volume One by Eddie J. Creek, Gunter Sengfelder, J. Richard Smith, Jurgen Rosenstock, K. A. Merrick, Mike Norton, Stephen Ransom, J.Richard Smith | 9781903223109 | Get Textbooks | New Textbooks | Used Textbooks | College Textbooks - GetTextbo

I check them daily. GOOD LUCK!

Users who are viewing this thread