A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

20230526_162642.jpg

Just came in the mail... 🤔 :evil4:

How is that XP-67 Moonbat book? Did you learn any interesting tidbits. It's hard to find good quality info on that plane.
Nothing to report on that book yet, other than it was modified more times than Joan Rivers.

A quick perusal of this book however revealed the following:

20230526_183916.jpg

With the caption:

20230526_183923.jpg

Perhaps giving answer to the question a forum member (who's name I forgot) put to us "If the Dutch bought x number of these planes, then how come there are more in this line up?". Well apparently I was wrong to assume they were the 2 seat version. Live and learn.

Also, as luck would have it, my late house guest was just informing me that the NEA AF flew Hurricanes just before the end in Java. Look what we have here. And in a book about the CW-21 of all things. Sorry Marcel, still no pictures with dutch markings!

20230526_183953.jpg

20230526_184001.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing to report on that book yet, other than it was modified more times that Joan Rivers.

View attachment 722761

With the caption:

View attachment 722762

Perhaps giving answer to the question a forum member (who's name I forgot) put to us "If the Dutch bought x number of these planes, then how come there are more in this line up?". Well apparently I was wrong to assume they were the 2 seat version. Live and learn.

Also, as luck would have it, my late house guest was just informing me that the NEA AF flew Hurricanes just before the end in Java. Look what we have here. And in a book about the CW-21 of all things. Sorry Marcel, still no pictures with dutch markings!

View attachment 722764
View attachment 722765
Those are the special clipped wing Hurricanes. They got the idea after seeing a B-26.
They couldn't fly very high, but what a roll rate!

Nothing to report on that book yet, other than it was modified more times than Joan Rivers.

View attachment 722761

With the caption:

View attachment 722762

View attachment 722764
View attachment 722765
Yup, that's the photo I've seen as well. I have never seen another one unfortunately.

View attachment 722761

With the caption:

View attachment 722762

View attachment 722764
View attachment 722765

A guy called Peter Boer has done a lot of research on the Dutch East Indies at the beginning of ww2.

Some of his research is on academia.org and some is in print.

My wife bought me this book. I have wanted it for awhile. It is as nice as described and loaded with pictures, as well as numerous color profiles. If I wasn't so dang sick, I would have enjoyed it more.

Attachments

• 20230603_165825_HDR.jpeg
    20230603_165825_HDR.jpeg
    931.4 KB · Views: 9
Great score mate!
If there are any decent cockpit/ interior shots (or diagrams), could you please post some here if poss? Making a Hasegawa Babs in 1:72.

Cheers, and get well soon!

View attachment 722743
Just came in the mail... 🤔 :evil4:

Oooohhh....That looks nice. What's the book like? It seems photos of the ML-KNIL CW-21Bs are pretty thin on the ground so I'd be interested to know if there's anything truly new in the book that isn't already covered by Shores et al in "Bloody Shambles" or Peter Boer's "Aircraft of the Netherlands East Indies Army Air Corps."

Please...do tell!! :)

Oooohhh....That looks nice. What's the book like? It seems photos of the ML-KNIL CW-21Bs are pretty thin on the ground so I'd be interested to know if there's anything truly new in the book that isn't already covered by Shores et al in "Bloody Shambles" or Peter Boer's "Aircraft of the Netherlands East Indies Army Air Corps."

Please...do tell!! :)
Ok, so I have both those books you referenced, but I read "Bloody Shambles" long ago, so I don't remember there being much on the 21, so in that respect it's got that one beat. As far as the Boer's book, I haven't read it like a traditional book, but merely read what interested me. But again, yes, for that subject matter this book solely on the 21 has more information. I also believe there are pictures I have not seem before. Take this for what it's worth. But be advised, the author is a notorious liar. Am not!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back