A new sig for 2008? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wilbur, did a couple of quick ones.

Attachments

• wil01.JPG
    wil01.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 107
  • wil02.JPG
    wil02.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 102
  • wil03.JPG
    wil03.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 106
  • Wil04.JPG
    Wil04.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 111
Guys i just saw this.....ohh my gosh.......thank you i almost lost it there....i cant decide must drink on this.....god this takes time.....NJACO god i love that 68 conv. the pics are AWESOME man nice work...im sorry i dont know how gnomey did it but that is MY FAV. (cant even spell it right ) pic of a p51, gosh i dont even know how to load it?

'68? Looks more like a '64 1/2 or '65 to me....the other car I don't know what is.....

Great work fellas! I'm always amazed what you troops can do with the fun box....keep up the great work!

Sorry guys had to much to drink lastnight i think.:oops: its a 66 convert, gta group ckeck out the 2 light in the grill. Doubt its areal one though they only made a couple of them. Still cant figure out how to get that pic up ?

1964-65 Mustang....

Since it was introduced five months before the normal start of the production year, this first model has become widely known, although incorrectly, as the 1964 1/2 model. A more accurate description is the "early 1965" model, as the car underwent several significant changes at the start of the regular model year. All the early cars, however, were touted as 1965 models. The base model hardtop with its 170 cu in (2.8 L) straight-6 engine and three-speed manual transmission listed for US$2,368.

Some minor changes to the Mustang occurred at the start of the normal 1965 model year production, five months after its introduction. These cars are known as "late 65's," and were built from April through September. First, there was an almost complete change to the engine lineup. The I6 engine made way for a new 200 cu in (3.3 L) version that produced 120 hp (89 kW). Production of the 260 cu in (4.3 L) engine ceased with the traditional end of the 1964 model year. It was replaced with a new 200 hp (150 kW) 289 cu in (4.7 L) engine with a two-barrel carburetor as the base V8. A 225 hp (168 kW) four-barrel carbureted version was next in line, followed by the unchanged "Hi-Po" 271 hp (202 kW) 289. The DC electrical generator was replaced by a new AC alternator on all Fords (the quickest way to distinguish a 1964 1/2 from a 1965 is to see if the alternator light on the dash says "GEN" or "ALT"). The now-famous Mustang GT was introduced as the "GT Equipment Package" and included a V8 engine (most often the 225 hp (168 kW) 289), grille-mounted fog lamps, rocker panel stripes, and disc brakes. A four-barrel carbureted engine was now available with any body style. Additionally, reverse lights were an option added to the car in 1965. The Mustang was originally available as either a hardtop or convertible, but during the car's early design phases a fastback model was strongly considered. The Mustang 2+2 fastback made its inaugural debut with its swept-back rear glass and distinctive ventilation louvers.

The standard interior features of the 1965 Mustang included adjustable driver and passenger bucket seats, an AM radio, and a floor mounted shifter in a variety of color options. Throughout the 1965 model year, Ford continued to add to the Mustang's interior options. The Interior Decor Group was popularly known as "Pony Interior" due to the addition of embossed running ponies on the seat fronts, and also included integral armrests, woodgrain appliqué accents, and a round gauge cluster that would replace the standard Ford Falcon instrumentation. Also available were sun visors, a (mechanical) remote-operated mirror, a floor console, and a bench seat. Ford would later offer an under-dash air-conditioning unit, and discontinue the vinyl with cloth insert seat option, offered only in early 1965 models.

The 1966 Mustang debuted with moderate trim changes including a new grille, side ornamentation, wheel covers, and gas cap. Additionally, an automatic transmission for the "Hi-Po," a large number of new paint and interior color options, an AM/eight-track sound system, and one of the first AM/FM monaural automobile radios were offered. The 1966 Mustang did away with the Falcon instrument cluster and made the previously option-only round gauges and padded sun visors standard equipment.

Although similar in design, the 1965 and 1966 Mustangs have a few visual exterior clues that differeniate the two model years. Among the differences is the emblem on the quarter-panels behind the doors. In 1965 the emblem is a single vertical piece of chrome, while in 1966 the emblem was smaller in height and had three horizontal bars extending from the design, resembling an "E". The front intake grilles and ornaments were also different. The 1965 front grille used a "honeycomb" pattern, while the 1966 version was a "slotted" style. While both model years used the "Horse and Corral" emblem on the grille, the 1965 had four bars extending from each side of the corral, while on the 1966, these bars were removed.

When Ford went to sell the Mustang in Germany they found that a company there had already registered the name. The German company offered to sell the rights to the name for US$10,000. Ford refused, and instead named it the T-5 and removed the Mustang badging and replaced it with T-5 badging.

Hey, I recognize that shot. ;) Thanks for keeping my water mark in there. :thumbleft:

I thought it was right to keep it there. Most people have no idea where photo they have in their sig came from (I know I do). Plus you need more people to view your site 8) (nothing wrong with a bit of free advertising - as long as there is a beer in it for me ;))

Beautiful restorations and all that, but I never really liked it when they looked like they've had a chrome bath...:lol: I'd have mine just the way they looked in WWII...

Awesome pic as always evangilder!

Cheers lucky. I like the look, especially when the exhaust causes the bluing on the side. The original aluminum won't polish like that, so the skins are brand new to get that look. From what I have been told, that adds 1 to 1.5 million to the price tag for one of those babies. Wish *I* could afford that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back