Abandoned, Retired and Rusty Relics.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

you ever try to buy something like that? I had a friend in high school who had a 30 some ford parked in his front yard. people would see it and try to buy it off of them....offering great amounts of cash. they wouldnt give it up. "going to fix it up someday" was their answer. someday never came...it rusted to the point of being worthless and was towed out and crushed. i had the same experience when i was looking for my first car. found an old ford truck ( so old it had wood spoke wheels and a flat head engine iirc ) under a pile of wood. it wasnt in that great of shape to begin with but my dad owned an auto parts store...so i tended to look at the possibilities rather than reality. the guy would not part with it. he "had plans" for it. i kept my eye on it over the years to see his "plans" ... it decayed into a heap of rust. it boggles the mind but that is the way it plays out more often than not....sad. it seems these people take some sort pride or satisfaction having something everyone wants and having the power to deny them it.

Last edited:
"The road to h3ll is paved with good intentions"......

That Camaro...... what a job resurecting it from a heap. Every once in a while I see one in Oz, it just looks so out of place. I have see one '66 Chev El Camino here, missed the sale by minutes. I had two '65 El Cabongs for shop trucks in the States. Now I have a '97 Holden Comadore ute. Hard to get them outta your system once you got one.

Attachments

• DSC_0246.jpg
    DSC_0246.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 1,107
Didn't Chevy or Pontiac come out with a new El Camino type couple years back? woulda been the Holden from Oz badged as a GM car.
Like the GTO is or was a Holden rear wheel drive.

We haven't had the Chevy El Camino/GMC Cabellero since '88

There was some talk about brining it back, but it never happened. I think the closest thing to a modern El Camino would be Chevy's SSR made between 2003 and 2006.

Could even be the UK, although doubtful. The stuff at right side background looks ex- British military. It also looks like it was in the last thirty years or maybe less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back