Abandoned, Retired and Rusty Relics.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I believe that's a Messerschmitt car. They had to find something to make after the war. If I remember correctly, Tony (Rocketeer) has one and posted it on the What are you driving thread.

My brother in law sold one which he had restored last and it went for approx. GBP 13.000

A couple of images found via the net..

stare_porzucone_auta_.jpg

stare_porzucone_auta__5.jpg

stare_porzucone_auta__8.jpg

stare_porzucone_auta__2.jpg

stare_porzucone_auta__4.jpg

porzucone_samochody__39.jpg

porzucone_samochody__43.jpg

Thanks for the pics Matt. Those French cars and the Standard Vanguard are a long way from home.
The DS1 is a beautiful car and worth saving.

They must be down in Florida!

Yellow truck is a 1959 Chevrolet Apache!

Last edited:
I think the first one is an Austin Westminster.
Most here were used up for 'banger racing' as they are ( were) heavy and strong.
Fitted with a Rolls Royce engine too.

I think you might be right Evan, it certainly looks like a PV-1 Ventura.

NZ4600iiiiiis_zps9a40fc7d.jpg

Very nice pictures; I think that Vanguard was taken in New Zealand; it's number plate looks familiar.

Cheers Grant, I reckon so. Apart from the general shape, you can see the tailwheel doors and ventral gun position quite clearly.

Is that a recent pic above btw? NZ400's lost her paint since I last saw her.

Re the cars - cool shots guys! Will add some of my own sometime (all stored in Hungary for now)

Those old Ford trucks, with the outhouse in the field behind bring a tear to my eyes....... Who in the world would let them sit there like that!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back