According to and annoying Hollywood myths....when are they going to learn?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

i always find it amazing that in mass firefight, the characters mate gets killed, he looks at him dead then looks back to the fighting, shoots and kills the guy who shot his mate !

the other is grenades that level whole buildings or go off like they were dropped from Enola Gay !

Dayum...it's a little early in your day to be so feisty...

Don't think it's fair that I am sitting here with a Macanudo Maduro and a chilled glass of Pilsner Urquell and you have a ways to go before your first Furstenburg of the day :evil4:

Morgans Spiced Black here old chap, manna from heaven, nectar of the Gods....

i always find it amazing that in mass firefight, the characters mate gets killed, he looks at him dead then looks back to the fighting, shoots and kills the guy who shot his mate !

the other is grenades that level whole buildings or go off like they were dropped from Enola Gay !
Yep, grenades with the power of a Nuke, SMG magazines which hold 2,000 rounds (and can hit, and kill, a target at 200+ meteres!), and machine-gun barrels that never need changing or burn out.
And, of course, the 2 inch mortar that fires round after round - but you never see anyone carrying the rounds!
And all that rattling and noise from loose personal equipment !!!

One of the other bitches I have about TV shows (and some movies, for that matter) is hwere they're trying to portray the American West during the 1800's and have 70's style feathered hair or like in the case of the show M*A*S*H where the young soldiers (especially the marines) were done by actors who had long hair and sideburns (again, 70's style).

And how about the TV show Happy Days? Supposed to be set in the 1950's and actually, the early episodes were pretty authentic. The music, the cars, buildings and actors were all accurately portrayed. Then as the show got on in later production, they were wearing Britannia or Angelflight bluejeans, wide-collar disco shirts and sporting that classic 70's feathered hair look (especially all the girls with that "Farrah Fawcett" hairstyle)...sad.

How about in Rambo II, Rambo fires a laws rocket through the windscreen of a jury, without hurting the guys in the back with the back blast !

And in Rambo III, the rocket pods on the "hind" not only are clearly empty but flames shoot forward out of the four tubes in the middle every time it fires and they also seem to double as machine guns as well.

Rambo also is able to drive, aim the main gun, reload and fire it as well as the co-axial mg all from the same seat ?

Last edited:
Good point about the back-blast, Karl...there is only one movie I have ever seen where the back-blast was taken into account and that was many many years ago, when I was a kid. It was a black and white movie, the title and details are lost on me now, but I recall a young Wehrmacht soldier (pretty sure a volkssturm) firing a Panzerfaust at an Allied target, and a soldier (I think an older U.S. GI?) was terribly wounded by severe burns to the face.

Not sure why that has stuck in my memory like it has.

The other thing is the constant gun cocking noises, seems every time some one pulls or raises a gun it makes cocking noise lately.

Saw something the other night, guy had a shotgun and was sneaking up on someone, cocking noise was made to alert his victim, yet he was carrying a up and under traditional shotgun which you broke open to load the cartridges !

Tv programs and films are obsessed with the noise of cocking a gun.

All of the above irritating/fictional super sensitive explosive ready things I dislike in films/TV/media. Also those which says its historical or based on real life in some way - If there gonna say its historical, or based on life, then by their description, it should be as is, otherwise isn't it a form of false advertising and improper salesmanship, a mis-direction etc in breach of sales law /or the description of goods act?

I remember an old (90's) short TV series called Cold Lazerus by the BBC, where in the 22nd or 25 centuary, people were setting up anti-media terrorism 'reality or death' or something like that.
You Americans could suggest to your media, let alone ourselves to our own nations medias, that that more reality in media that involves death, should be thought of maybe needing a 21 or 25 ticket on it, could include realistic woundings and the leakage of various body fluids and semi-solids stainage on/upon the clothes/floor - like what wasn't in the death of Hector scene, where the camera is locked onto the sand below his dying bodies crotch, , but no death released pi$$ $hit is seen -or allowed to be seen - though the cinematic pause is suggestive of what was refused.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back