ace to ace confrontations (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's because the aritcles in Wiki are written by the people ... without regard to whether or not they are qualified to write about the subject. That results in chaos and misinformation ... which is what Wiki is all about today.

If Wiki says the sky is blue, I want to check it out myself ....

Last edited:
301 seems to be the number I recall seeing. I only use Wiki when I'm rushed but I bookmark the page so that I can go back later and scroll down and check the sources. It's surprising how many times the sources are more accurate than the article.

Geo
That's about the only reason why I use wiki: the source list at the bottom of the page! :lol:

Hi,

Here are a couple of ace encounters:

18 December 1942: Leutnant Franz Schiess (67 victories), Oberleutnant Erich Rudorffer (224 victories) or Leutnant Kurt Bühligen (112) shot down Warrant Officer Harry W. 'Chas' Charnock (9 victories) in Tunisia.

20 December 1942: Oberleutnant Erich Rudorffer (224 victories) shot down Pilot Officer R.J.H. Robertson (at least 5 victories) of No. 72 Squadron in Tunisia.

Cheers,
Andrew A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back