Adelaide Model Expo (2008) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Agree there! I'm including a section on photographing models in the Diorama Guide, but, if anyone thinks they could benefit from a separate 'article', I could knock something together.

Go for it Terry, I'm certainly no expert....I usually take 3-4 shots of each angle if I can just to make sure i get some good ones, I use macro and super macro but sometimes I get the distance wrong between them in trying to take so many shots....my own stupid fault, I'm holding the camera!:rolleyes:

Don't worry Wayne, I have the same problem with the distance.Then trying, trying....There can be always a good pic taken.:D

Very true Wojtek! As we used to say when I worked for the 'Big Yellow Box', in the days of film of course, before digital cameras, 'The cheapest thing in the whole photographic process is the film. Why take one shot when six should cover it!'
O.K., once I've got the 'Gustav' out of the way, and when the first section of the Diorama Guide is ready for posting (about 2 to 3 weeks I think), I'll start a thread on model photography, begining with the basics, and trying not to get too technical!

Photography can be dificult ,for every 5 shots I upload to the forum I take about 50....+ of various angles and whatnot

Looking forward to it Terry!

Moving into the next class Small Scale Single engine Prop 1/72 and smaller.

First up some Aussie flavour....Vultee Vengeance....

Attachments

• Vultee Vengeance_1752.JPG
    Vultee Vengeance_1752.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Vultee Vengeance_2047.JPG
    Vultee Vengeance_2047.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Vultee Vengeance_2151.JPG
    Vultee Vengeance_2151.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Vultee Vengeance_2168.JPG
    Vultee Vengeance_2168.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 62
I love the Vengeance, it's one cool looking plane, both models are cool!

Thanks for that mate! Must have had guts, those crew! In the RAF, in Britain, they were relegated to target towing duties, being seen as inadequate for their primary role! I'm not sure, as it's not an aircraft I have bothered to research much, but I think the FAA used some on target duties and for training also. I've also seen at least one photograph of a Vengeance in service with the USAAF, possibly 8th AF, in the UK during WW2. Must chedk out more details on that, as it's a strange one to have with an operational Air Force in Europe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back