Adelaide Model Expo (2008)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for that mate! Must have had guts, those crew! In the RAF, in Britain, they were relegated to target towing duties, being seen as inadequate for their primary role! I'm not sure, as it's not an aircraft I have bothered to research much, but I think the FAA used some on target duties and for training also. I've also seen at least one photograph of a Vengeance in service with the USAAF, possibly 8th AF, in the UK during WW2. Must chedk out more details on that, as it's a strange one to have with an operational Air Force in Europe!

Don't forget the RAF. They were used quite extensively in Burma with (off the top of my head) 45, 82, 84 and 110 squadrons. Not to mention No 7squadron Indian AF. They were deemed unsuitable for Europe because of the need for strong fighter cover, whereas in Burma and New Guinea the Allies pretty much had air superiority when the Vengeance was in use there. AFAIK no Vengeance was ever lost to enemy aircraft.

Ah! Of course, I'd forgotten about the use in Burma etc. I guess that they would have performed well there, with the threat of interception being less than in the heavily defended skies over Europe. I'm afraid anything outside of the ETO is not my strong point, when it comes to aviation! Thanks again mate!
Terry.

Your Vengeance looks more accurate Andy.....:D

another one for you mate....

Attachments

• CAC Wirraway_1760.JPG
    CAC Wirraway_1760.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 71
  • CAC Wirraway_1761.JPG
    CAC Wirraway_1761.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 62
  • CAC Wirraway_2166.JPG
    CAC Wirraway_2166.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 52
1/72 Terry, can't answer your second request though....

....next Academy Helldiver!

Attachments

• Helldiver_1758.JPG
    Helldiver_1758.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 61
  • Helldiver_2045.JPG
    Helldiver_2045.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 65

Users who are viewing this thread

Back