Advanced builders step by step build? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Greedy

Airman 1st Class
Mar 7, 2009
narangba
Alot of guys have asked me how i did some parts of the p51d build i have just done. So i thought maybe we should start a thread and do a group build where everyone wanting to improve their skills as model builders can do a step by step build of a scale model plane in 1/72 scale. And those of has who have ways to improve the look or build of the aircraft can teach those who would like to know how to improve on their builds. Of corse the model must be the same make and type as everyone elses! and im thinking a cheapie kit would mostlikely be best!. Whos up for a challenge? If your interested post here saying count me in ;) lol

I'm up to the challenge to learn some more tips, come on you PRO modelers! (Yall can use Wojteks arrow program that we all love :lol:)

This is something I've been chewing over, having a real crack at enhancing a kit.

Definately interested here, have a kit in mind , Hasegawa B 17F.

My three cents to that guys. It is a very nice idea but I don't think Hasegawa or Tamiya kits are the best choice.For a such training I would suggest something cheaper.What is more you can get a few more skils ( sanding ,filling , engraving etc...) for example as these aren't as good as those mentioned above.Hasegawa and others nice kits can be used when your skills get higher level.But it's up to you only which a kit you will choose.

You are correct Wojtek.

I wouldn't go near an expensive kit for something like this. My hasegawa B 17 is rather old and adding internal detail where its lacking to me is one of the safer ways to enhance a model :)

Chopping up wings and sanding off detail is beyond me at the moment (maybe for all time?) :lol:

lol all good idea's. Ok so we will buy a good quality kit!. Sounds like everyone wants to do german aircarft? well when we all have decided on a aircraft we will countinue from their. And i should note to those who wish to build a bigger scale aircraft it is ok as long as its the same type as the smaller ones. They All have the same steps no matter what scale they are. I think every model aircraft starts with cockpit then fuse large followed by wings and last of all wheels? As we go along we will do a step at a time untill everyone has done that step. Then we will move on to the next eg.

Cockpit once everyone has finnished that step. move on to the next

Fuse large and so one. Would everyone be happy doing it this way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back