Airfix 1/24 Hawker Typhoon

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I am glad to see this work progress as I have an Airfix 1/24 Typhoon car door version with all the extra photo etch parts from Eduard which I will eventually get to after or in between my current builds I am working on.

I have also started the Airfix 1/24 Typhoon car door . Right from the start the first problem encountered was that the spars procedure was shown backwards and of course I followed that procedure and discovered that it was wrong and had to remove a lot of the glued pieces including the spars causing considerable damage to everything. I was unable to re glue the rear spar and hope that when It gets to mounting the wings it could be fixed. Meanwhile I emailed Airfix offering to buy sprues A and B to restart the project correctly. although the cabin area doesn't look too bad and it will not be seen anyway once assembled . This kit requires a lot of checking assemblies further ahead before gluing anything. I have also ordered the 1B bubble version for a later build. Unfortunately I know the mistakes that were encountered and the fix is not the greatest, so I may end up buying another one and hope to do it right. Some parts were missing on the sprue, specifically part # A22 mounting bracket so I drilled out a piece of sprue and replaced it.The flash is not too bad.

Last edited:
... we will be carefully attentive to the emergence of new things from this impressive process. :salute:
I'm thinking how and where to put some model 1/35, if that came to assemble !, and with the comment of Brian, ...:-k ...I would only think to put a 1/24 aircraft like yours ... at centerpiece in the main room! :cigar:

Saludos amigo :thumbup:

Thought you could benefit from my experience with the beast. When fitting the fuel tank shave off the plastic that goes through the bulkhead. Fill the slot and sand it flush. The tank isn't fitted to the bulkhead but is mounted on the cockpit frame. See attached pic. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 20191216_192330.jpg
    20191216_192330.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 114
That's a beautiful start on the cockpit Wayne and looking forward to an update soon. Slow and steady is the way!

And just to say to Keith, that's a smart finish ohn your Typhoon.

Gerry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back