Airfix 1/24 scale Bf109E.....or a bed of thorns

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Appreciate it..... :)

All CA fillings were sanded.And I could check fitting of the rear part of the cockpit conopy to the fuselage finally. All was fine.

Attachments

• fuse1f.jpg
    fuse1f.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 297
  • fuse2.jpg
    fuse2.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 491
  • fuse2a.jpg
    fuse2a.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 499
THX H~.

And finally I have refreshed these engraved panel lines.

Attachments

• fuse3b2.jpg
    fuse3b2.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 292
  • fuse3b1.jpg
    fuse3b1.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 300
  • fuse3b.jpg
    fuse3b.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 294
  • fuse3a.jpg
    fuse3a.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 294
  • fuse3.jpg
    fuse3.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 290
Danke! Danke!....meine Kameraden. :)

Having the fuselage assembled I painted the cockpit with RLM02 and attached stabilizers. I have to mention that Airfix has had to make a mistake, I think. There was a problem with fitting stabilizers to the fin. There appeared a gap between the fin and roots of both stabilizers.But if these were inverted, I mean left one at right position and right one at left, all fitted correctly.But then holes for tail struts were at the top sides of stabilizers..I didn't want to pierce these parts through so I used a file and sand paper for fitting. The last pic shows the cockpit interior with areas I had masked before airbrushing because of gluing next parts at these places.

Attachments

• kad1.jpg
    kad1.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 282
  • kad1a.jpg
    kad1a.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 284
  • kad1b.jpg
    kad1b.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:
Those seams...................seeing is believing....................I still don't believe what I've seen.....they are so close to perfection, brilliant stuff.

happy0034.gif

I've got a 1/32nd P-51 to do of Merlin's Magic Reno race number 22...
You are making me want to get cracking and finish my group of 1/72nd's so I can get on with the Mustang.
You are doing such a great job on this build, it's inspiring mate.

I was a little bit tired with `sanding fitting and sanding again.So I started painting in order to rest for a while. Here you can see a few details only . Also I airbrused the pilkot's seat, stick, rudder pedals and a couple more for the cockpit interior that came with the kit.

Attachments

• kad2.jpg
    kad2.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 348
  • kad2b.jpg
    kad2b.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 351
  • kad2c.jpg
    kad2c.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 352
Look'in good there Wojtek making me feel like I should break out the 1/24 Bandi kit I have,I wonder if its from the same molds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back