Airfix 1/24 scale Bf109E.....or a bed of thorns

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sure is. Are you adding the sun filter Wojtek ?

It is with the gunsight glass integrated. :lol:

Here is the pilot's panel and the gunsight. I had to fit these panels with lenses. These were too thick so I had to sand them down slightly at the rear surfaces.

Attachments

• pp1.jpg
    pp1.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 396
  • pp2.jpg
    pp2.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 394
  • pp3.jpg
    pp3.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 388
  • pp4.jpg
    pp4.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 398
  • pp5.jpg
    pp5.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 391
Looks like the forum is having intermittent problems. I can't open your pics at the moment, and I notice the forum title banner is missing, and some, but not all members' GB icons are not showing. I'll try again later.

I can see them now! Very nice work my friend. On all of the Revi sights i've seen on the 109, there has been a second screen, of green tinted glass, which folds, or slides up and down at the front of the sight. There's a pic of the same sight, on the Ju88A-1 in Guttorm's care, posted in Wayne's Ju88 thread.

I can see them now! Very nice work my friend. On all of the Revi sights i've seen on the 109, there has been a second screen, of green tinted glass, which folds, or slides up and down at the front of the sight. There's a pic of the same sight, on the Ju88A-1 in Guttorm's care, posted in Wayne's Ju88 thread.

You are right Terry. There was the second screen for the Revi sights,However in a few shots of Bf109Es I have seen a gunsight with one screen only. Although the later Revi sights had the second one I decided to correct the part without the second screen because the Revi C/12C I have seen , was without that one .

Here are shots of the rudder. Although there was a place for the tail light it hasn't come with the kit. I have scratchbuilt it using a part of the "glassy" sprue.

Attachments

• rudder1b.jpg
    rudder1b.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 343
  • rudder1a.jpg
    rudder1a.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 333
  • rudder1.jpg
    rudder1.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
THX guys. :)

Here you are ...these underwing radiators. I must tell you that these were a pain in ( you know where ). Their fitting , both to their covers and wings, is not that we should expect for a model of the scale.

The figure of a pilot looks very nice.But I haven't decided to put him into the cockpit finally.

Attachments

• Rad1.jpg
    Rad1.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 340
  • Rad1a.jpg
    Rad1a.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 341
I agree about the radiators Wojtek. The fit on mine wasn't good, and the shutters needed work to thin them down to a more scale appearance. I shouldn't have bothered, as they can't be seen on my model !

That's true Terry. However the problem is not with their thickness only. As it can be noticed these radiator boxes have set pins and these radiator covers - seatings.But both radiator boxes have their tops and sides slightly larger than these front parts. I had to sand them down. During a such work these wrist-pins had to disappear. That's why I had pierced them in order to have possibility of their correct location in covers. Also I have removed some plastic from the cover interior.I had to do that because the height of these radiaror boxes didn't allow to put the radiator covers into their seatings at wings.

Attachments

• Rad1b.jpg
    Rad1b.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 339
  • Rad1c.jpg
    Rad1c.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back