Airfix 1/24 scale Bf109E.....or a bed of thorns

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

THX H~. :)

Also there was a problem with fitting of these radiator boxes to the wing radiator seatings on both halves of wiongs Here a few pics.It wasn't possible to put radiator covers into their sockets correctly.

Attachments

• Rad2.jpg
    Rad2.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 331
  • Rad2_.jpg
    Rad2_.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 335
  • Rad2a.jpg
    Rad2a.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 329
Again THX for all. Appreciate...... :D

Having all of radiator parts fitted I have managed to put them into their seatings on wing undersides.

Attachments

• Rad2d1.jpg
    Rad2d1.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 296
  • Rad2d.jpg
    Rad2d.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 302
  • Rad2c.jpg
    Rad2c.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 299
  • Rad2b.jpg
    Rad2b.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 304
THX again...:)

Interiors of these radiator covers were paited with RLM02. Both front and rear parts of radiators were painted with a copper paint and then with a matt black.Finally I have applied silver wash.
I sticked some Tamiya masking tape at all places where the glue had to be applied. The effect below.

Attachments

• Rad3.jpg
    Rad3.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 341
Looking good Wojtek. I've been working on the base for mine, and should have it finished in time to post on Sunday, for the start of the BoB GB - I hope !

Thank you Terry. I hope the next post will be interesting for you as well.

Finishing painting of these coolers I have noticed there were two small square cuts at the back edges of covers. I couldn't remind myself what for these indentations were for. And I went through a few references for Bf109E.Finally I have found pics of the area of covers. The Kagero Topshots booklet showed the cut at the port radiator cover only. The Militaria and Facts publication about Bf109A-E showed there was a curved pipe with an outlet at its ending.When the cooler cover was closed the ending was in the cut. Oh boy... I thought and scratch built the part using a stretched sprue. The excision at the edge of the starboard cover was filled with a small plastic square ( a piece of the plate with a part number) using Superglue. Then sanded a little bit down and painted again. And of course I have painted these finished radiators with RLM65 at the end..

Attachments

• Rad5a.jpg
    Rad5a.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 323
  • Rad5.jpg
    Rad5.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 323
  • Rad4b.jpg
    Rad4b.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 324
  • Rad4a.jpg
    Rad4a.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 327
  • Rad4.jpg
    Rad4.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 335
great stuff Wojtek, and you were right - interesting ! I've always wondered what the cut-out was for, and hadn't noticed the overflow pipe before. I'll have to ensure I include this on both my BoB GB 'Emils'.

Here you are the tail wheel leg. The main part consists of two parts. One half is the leg with a half of the wheel fork and the second one is the half of the fork. Unfortunately there is a stamp trace at the half of the wheel fork with the leg, This made the part a little bit curved and vulnerable at the spot.Also there are overflows to remove. Besides the leg was bended slightly and I had to make it straight with my fingers.

Attachments

• tw1.jpg
    tw1.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 295
  • tw1a.jpg
    tw1a.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 296

Users who are viewing this thread

Back