Airfix 1/24 scale Bf109E.....or a bed of thorns (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Wojtek, if you need any more foil, let me know - I have a huge bag full of the thicker foil from my pain killers. Parts of the strips are textured, which is great for making quilted padding, checker plate etc.

Thank you for your offer.Terry. But I have a lot of these as well I'm afraid.Anyway I appreciate it.

Here a few next shots of the prop.

Attachments

• sp1d.jpg
    sp1d.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 337
  • sp1e.jpg
    sp1e.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 334
  • sp1f.jpg
    sp1f.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 340
THX Gents. :)

Here the rudder pedals.These looked good .However a few of these holes were corked with plastic and I have had to pierce tham with a thin drill. Then I added attachments I have made of a warm stretched piece of a sprue and wrapped around a file handle.

Attachments

• or1d.jpg
    or1d.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 337
  • or1c.jpg
    or1c.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 355
  • or1b.jpg
    or1b.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 356
  • or1a.jpg
    or1a.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 351
  • or1.jpg
    or1.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 355
Wojtek, I can't believe I just found this thread! I have this exact same kit and was afraid to touch it. Following this.....

I would like to see you in action Chris. Although there were incorrections and mistakes , I have found the kit nice. So go . go......

Here is the kit gunsight. As you can see there was a big hole ( cavity) on another side of the part. So my first step was to fill it with a rod made of warm stretched sprue.Initially, it was used as a handle as well. Also I have removed from the gunsight top something that was supposed to be a lens of the gunsight optics.In fact it looked like a small knoll. I have replacd it with a part I made of the stretched sprue. In the last pic you can see the second part of the gunsight that should have been "glass" partialy....

To be continued.......

Attachments

• gs1d.jpg
    gs1d.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 308
  • gs1c.jpg
    gs1c.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 324
  • gs1b.jpg
    gs1b.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 325
  • gs1a.jpg
    gs1a.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 338
  • gs1.jpg
    gs1.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 323
THX Jan. :)

Because I couldn't llook on the second part I cut it in a half.Then I attached it to the gunsight body.I mixed some black matt enamel with a thinner and painted the gunsight.Also I have painted the " rear protective bumper" with a brown-leather colour. The lens was painted silver.

Attachments

• gs2.jpg
    gs2.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 320
  • gs3.jpg
    gs3.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:
For the gumsight screen I have used a part of the sprue with "glass" that comes with the kit. There was a description on that buit I sanded it down with a file and sandpaper.Then I cut off a piece and polished later.

Attachments

• gs3c.jpg
    gs3c.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 309
  • gs3b.jpg
    gs3b.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 290
  • gs3a.jpg
    gs3a.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 293
THX guys...:)

And the final product below.