Airfix 1/24 scale Bf109E.....or a bed of thorns

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

THX Mates. :)

We should remeber that a paint can be a very good preservative against a glue.That's why I had applied some Mascol at all of these places where any part had to be sticked.For instance the engine mount.

Attachments

• em1.jpg
    em1.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 360
We should remeber that a paint can be a very good preservative against a glue.That's why I had applied some Mascol at all of these places where any part had to be sticked.

Why on earth have i never thought of that ? its so simple a five year old could
have thought about it ! no more cleaning up painted area's where the glue has
got to go, what a numpty i am. Thanks Wurger.

ian

Lookin real good Wojtek.... How long do u have to go with the deadline???

Thank you. :)

Dan the model has already been done. The deadline was on the 21st July. I have been on time though. The Pitot tube was sticked on that day.And it was the last part I had to attach.

Step by step we will work up to that Terry. :)

Here main landing gear legs.These needed to be cleaned.Especially these mould seams on sides.Later I have removed some plastic between these disks and shock absorbers from their tops.

Attachments

• lg1.jpg
    lg1.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 327
  • lg2.jpg
    lg2.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 339
  • lg3.jpg
    lg3.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 338
  • lg4.jpg
    lg4.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 330
  • lg5.jpg
    lg5.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
You are right Terry. Many of the kit parts are moulded wrongly, especially now when all moulds are quite old.
If we have a look at these legs we can notice cavities at the leg tips and disks. Fortunately these areas become out of eyeshot. And I didn't correct these mistakes. I have added imitations of brake pipes made of brassy wire.Also fixed wheel hubs.As tyres are rubber I attached them at the end.

Attachments

• lg9.jpg
    lg9.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 339
  • lg8.jpg
    lg8.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 346
  • lg7.jpg
    lg7.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 349
  • lg6.jpg
    lg6.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 331
THX Mate. :)

The tail struts...

Attachments

• ts1.jpg
    ts1.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 283
  • ts1a.jpg
    ts1a.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 280
  • ts1b.jpg
    ts1b.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 286
Very neat work Wojtek. What did you use to make the retaining bands for the brake lines?

THX all. :)

Terry...these retaining bands for brake pipes are made of aluminium foil. I gather a such pieces of the foil every New Year Eve. Of course champagne is moved from bottles to my stomach firstly. :lol:

Here the model spinner and the prop. The spinner is fine and needed to be cleaned only. But the propeller had cavities at the rear areas of blades. I used the Tamiya White putty and sand paper for correcting.Also the prop blades needed to be shaped a little bit.

Attachments

• sp1.jpg
    sp1.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 280
  • sp1a.jpg
    sp1a.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 312
  • sp1b.jpg
    sp1b.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 294
  • sp1c.jpg
    sp1c.jpg