Airframes paintings as promised.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Love those paintings. Very-very nice.
Are they done on gouache?
I do mine on pen and ink.
I post one of them as a reply on bf109 and ratta.

Keep up the good work.

Terry,

WOW !! Thise are realy BEAUTIFUL and they show depth and clarity... WONDEROUS art work..

NICE!!!!

HOUSTON.

Last edited:
Crickey !.

Some stunning work there Terry, you should be proud of that skill

Thanks very much indeed Resi, Houston and Gary.
Resi, they are all oils on canvas, with most being around 30 x 40 inches (75 x 100cm), and the smallest around 24 x 30 inches (60 x 75cm).
Karl (rochie) mentioned the print of the Shell House raid. The painting was produced in time for the 50th anniversary of 'Operation Carthage', the attack on Gestapo HQ in the Shell House in Copenhagen, 21/3/1945. A limited edition print run was produced, to help raise funds to cover the cost of a memorial to the aircrew lost on the raid, and these were signed, in Copenhagen on the day, by aircrew who participated, SOE operatives, and surviving Danish Resistance members who had escaped from the building. (the memorial is a Mosquito prop blade, cast in bronze, above the entrance to the current Shell House shop.)
I was fortunate to have access to many unpublished photos, and the actual film footage of the raid and, after nearly seven years of research and correspondance with my friend Derek Carter, in Denmark, was able to portray the raid accurately.
Here's a pic of the painting.

Attachments

• Shell house 3.jpg
    Shell house 3.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 124
Wow...........am I glad this thread has been resurrected. These are beautiful Terry, you're a very talented man and I love the Tornado even if it's a 12 Squadron beast.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Thanks Vic, it's nice to hear! The Tornado was going to be done as prints, signed by the display crew(s), but the bl**dy Sqaudron moved up to Lossie at the wrong time !!

Thanks Glenn. I missed something though. Apparently, there were three guys in white lab coats, standing on the top of the clock tower in the right foreground, having a crafty smoke! Bet they got a shock as the Mossie roared over!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back