Airventure 2009

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice pics Paul
that looked like a hot day to be standing around in a leather flying helmet

Out of interest, how many P-40s showed up? There seemed to be a fair few. Those two civilian jobs, joined together at the wing, could they/it actually fly? Or was everything controlled from one cockpit?

Hi Colin, the civilian job joined at the wings can fly. A picture of it flying is on page 1. In the center where the wings are joined will be the launch pad for the new passenger space ship. As far as P-40's showing up there. There where 5. The temperature there was very comfortable. When I got there it was 56 degree's F and the high was 78 degree's F with a slight breeze.

Thanks guys, I just found out yesterday that there will be a reenactment in Rockford IL this month. Suppose to be 900 reenactments with tanks, horses, trucks, jeeps and such including pyrotechnics for three days. German troops, American troops, Japanese troops the whole nine yards I guess. Will see if I can find out more.

Damn I can never catch that Lysander flying

I beleive its suppose to fly back on Sunday to Canada, I have no idea what time it will leave but you may be able to catch to then.

Hope it helps
Paul

I am now officialy depressed !. Havent been to Osh since 2005 and now have an industrial strength sulk looking at all these great shots, wishing I was there !

Thanks for posting Paul, thats a great selection. I see the red Hunter is still parked up next to the Mig like it was back in 05. It was for sale then, is it still ?. Last time I saw it, one of the main legs had blown a seal and it was distinctly lop-sided.

Do you know if the Comet flew, as that is one 'plane, I would love to see in the air.

I am now officialy depressed !. Havent been to Osh since 2005 and now have an industrial strength sulk looking at all these great shots, wishing I was there !

Thanks for posting Paul, thats a great selection. I see the red Hunter is still parked up next to the Mig like it was back in 05. It was for sale then, is it still ?. Last time I saw it, one of the main legs had blown a seal and it was distinctly lop-sided.

Do you know if the Comet flew, as that is one 'plane, I would love to see in the air.

Many thanks Gary, Last I saw the Hunter was still for sale, as for the Comet Im not sure if it flew that day or not. So much going on as I only got to go for one day this year due to wife being laid off. Usually I take the whole week off and go 6 out of 7 days since its only a half hour drive down the road from me. I do know it flew last year during the EAA but I dont think I have any pictures of it in the air. Due to the econmy they only expect to have around 350 warbirds for the week. Total as of yesterday was 340 that had shown up but they expected a few to fly in for the weekend.

Wow !

Great pics Paul ! One of that travels that I need to do before die is to go Air Venture, I think that to see that warbirds flying is magic !

Thanks for sharing :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back