Airventure (2011)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Second message of Day 4's aircraft pictures. Rest are on page 4.

HPIM1442.JPG
HPIM1456.JPG
HPIM1454.JPG
HPIM1451.JPG
HPIM1445.JPG
HPIM1444.JPG
HPIM1425.JPG
HPIM1436.JPG
HPIM1438.JPG
HPIM1439.JPG
HPIM1460.JPG

Last edited:
Great shots, too bad about the weather. The checkerboard twin is actually a Howard 500, I think its the only one still operational. Its based on the Lockheed airframe and it is one of the fastest piston twins ever built. Really cool machine. thanks for posting!

jim

Great shots, too bad about the weather. The checkerboard twin is actually a Howard 500, I think its the only one still operational. Its based on the Lockheed airframe and it is one of the fastest piston twins ever built. Really cool machine. thanks for posting!

jim

You are correct Jim, I was just to tired to correct it last night as I went back yesterday. Pictures I got on it yesterday. To looks like a hot and very humid day. Fog advisory is out right now. Depending on how I feel when I get home I will post some pictures of the loadstar.

All the best
Paul

HPIM1455.JPG
HPIM1457.JPG
HPIM1458.JPG
HPIM1459.JPG

Excellent shots Paul, ashame about the F-16 and the F-4J. Glad no one was injured. I don't know when shear exhaustion would take over but I would give it a run for the money if I get the chance to spend the week up there one year. Thank you for sharing the experience.:thumbright:

Thanks guys. Here is day 5, the two aircraft where still where they where left from yesterday. I think Ive had enough or at least my body has. The humity is unreal and the temperatures have taken a toll on me. As of now I am not going tommorrow unless I feel better.

Enjoy the pictures.

HPIM1482.JPG
HPIM1518.JPG
HPIM1521.JPG
HPIM1524.JPG
HPIM1527.JPG
HPIM1528.JPG
HPIM1529.JPG
HPIM1530.JPG
HPIM1532.JPG
HPIM1533.JPG
HPIM1535.JPG
HPIM1538.JPG
HPIM1540.JPG
HPIM1541.JPG
HPIM1516.JPG
HPIM1514.JPG
HPIM1513.JPG
HPIM1484.JPG
HPIM1485.JPG
HPIM1486.JPG
HPIM1489.JPG
HPIM1490.JPG
HPIM1494.JPG
HPIM1497.JPG
HPIM1498.JPG
HPIM1499.JPG
HPIM1501.JPG
HPIM1507.JPG
HPIM1508.JPG
HPIM1512.JPG
HPIM1543.JPG

The Yellow Wings tour is coming here in a few days gonna drag my Dad down , the Vintage Wings Swordfish get there?

It wasnt there when I left today but from what I read it has flown for about 1 hour, they needed to make some adjustments and then it was suppose to come down. That would be one of the only reasons why I might go back tommorrow if I feel better.

Cool find there Eric, Ive heard two different stories on both crashes today. One was they came in to hot the other was that neither one had brakes. Only reason why I would have thought the latter was because there was about and hour between the two crashes. The F4J was pulled out later in the day but the F16 is still sitting there. Always got to be some excitement there. At least no one got hurt. As a side note that very same day the pulled the tires off and f4u corsair right after it landed and they where checking the brakes on it as well after it had landed.

Last edited:
Great pics Paul!!

Is that you with 'Fifi'?

and how many "Old Crows" are there - 'B' and 'D' models?

Yep, thats me with Fifi. There are two old crows, models C and D. Interesting story on the D model. It no longer belongs to Jack Rouch. He sold it but put in contract that the name of the bird could not be changed once the new owner took over. So they are the only duplicate warbirds currently flying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back