Airventure (2011)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Micdrow

“Archive”
Aug 21, 2006
Wisconsin
Hi guy's,

Long time no see been really busy as of late but as of right now Im off the week of Airventure 2011. Lots of stuff going on including they have schedualed two Fw-190's and now talk of a 3rd might be showing up. This is the 100th aniversory of Naval aviation so tons of warbirds will be coming. Short list at link below.

EAA AirVenture - Aircraft Attractions

Hope to see you there.

All the best
Paul

Thanks Terry,

Yeah it would be cool if all three show up but Im just hoping for one as last year one was suppose to show up but had engine trouble. Fifi is another Im hoping makes it along with the British Swordfish. My son and I are actually thinking of camping there this year but we will see. We have about 4 weeks to decide though my wife is in no shape to camp though she my prove me wrong.

Thanks guys for the warm welcome back, there is still at least 4 weeks before the airshow so there is still time to plan for many of you if you want to come. :)

Probably not gonna work this year...since I'll be in Costa Rica/Panama but I'll bring it up to the head of the household for next year...

Well if any one changes there mind let me know and we will see if we can hook up. Here is the info I found so far the Fw-190's that are suppose to show up.

Friday, 7/29/2011 - 1:00 PM - 2:15 PM - Warbirds In Review - Map
Bob Hoover FW190 Spitfire - This is sure to be one of the favorites for 2011. Bob Hoover will join us for a second time. This program will focus on Bob Hoover's World War II service with the appearance of two FW 190s and the Seafire (Spitfire with a hook). One of the new build Flug Werk FW 190s is owned by Dan Kirkland and the other is owned by Rudy Frasca. The Seafire is owned by Wes Strickler. Bob Hoover will speak about the significance of these aircrafts to him in World War II and the owners will speak about the acquisition and restoration of these unique aircrafts. Autograph session will take place afterwards.
Presented by: Bob Hoover

All the best
Paul

Can't make it this year Paul, but you have a great time at Osh...I know I did back in 2004 / 5 for my first two visits.

Can't make it this year Paul, but you have a great time at Osh...I know I did back in 2004 / 5 for my first two visits.

Thanks Gary, to bad you cant make it. Look's like another great one. This will be number 11 in a row for me. The only one's I missed before that where when I was in the military.

All the best
Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back