***Alarm Start - Unternehemen Flugbrucke!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
As promised, here's the first entry for the group build. BUT, remember, this is a 'thrown in' entry only, and will NOT be included in the judging/results.
The idea was to do something just a little different, not only in the choice of subject but, for me, the choice of the teeny weeny 1/72nd scale.
The intention is to promote enthusiasm, hopefully a bit of inspiration, and to launch the first Group Build for the forum.
It is possible that this could also be the first group build done entirely over the Internet, Internationally!
Possibly also the first ever modelling 'competition' to be judged solely on photographic presentations, as opposed to the actual models being available for inspection.
And to think, it had to be a Jockanese Swede to come up with the idea!
Hats off to Lucky!!
So, here's the first of what I hope will be many entries.
The 'Hobby Boss' 1/72nd scale Focke Wulf FW190A8, finished as a II/JG26 machine, abandoned after the unit's departure from Melsbroek, Belgium, September 1944.
Looking forward to loads of pics, from ALL you modellers, as your builds progress.
Happy modelling, and good luck to you all!
Terry.
PS, from what I've seen on this forum, most, if not all of you, can do MUCH better than this!

Attachments

• Butcher 002.jpg
    Butcher 002.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 226
  • Butcher 009.jpg
    Butcher 009.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 230
  • Butcher 010.jpg
    Butcher 010.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 220
  • Butcher 012.jpg
    Butcher 012.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 236
  • Butcher 013.jpg
    Butcher 013.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 232
Good stuff Terry!

This is really gonna be a learning curve for me because I've never done a colourscheme this hard before with an airbrush,Spose it'l help being 1/48

Thank you all sincerely for your kind comments, they are most appreciated! I found it just a tad difficult in this small scale, especially with all the 'moulded on' sticky out bits, such as the cannons, and no locating points for other bits, eg pitot head!
I set out to do this for two reasons. One, I'd always wanted to model this scene, but couldn't bring myself to 'rape' a 1/48th or 1/32 relatively expensive kit. Two, I wanted to try to provide some inspiration and enthusiasm for the Group Build, and show that entrants don't need to be master craftsmen in order to produce a nice model. A little time, thought, and a lot of patience can bring results. So, those of you still sitting on the sidelines watching the action; don't be timid, open one of those boxes you've got hidden away, or one still in the shop, and take part. If I can do a 1/72nd, small fighter, with my knackered hands, I'm sure you can do better!
Wayne, the only pic I have of this bird is the well-known one, unfortunately. Although, I think I have seen a shot from a different angle at some time, so other pics probably exist. I'm not sure about the 'Black 6', as the aircraft is supposedly from 7 Staffel. Other pics of 7/JG26 FW190's show 'brown' numbers, whereas this pic shows it darker, possibly red, but more likely black, if the tones are analysed.

Nice model.Excellent !

For the number : 7th Staffel JG 26 wore brown numbers !

greets Thomas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back