All the aussies out there

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ScOoTeR1992

Senior Airman
Dec 19, 2007
right behind you
G'day everyone

I was wondering if the stuff like this on the internet would discourage people from visiting this wonderful country, even though all this stuff is suprisingly real. It means we must be pretty hardcore living in this coutry if we survive. I'm surprised we haven't changed our motto from " where the bloody hell are ya" to "Australia, come over I dare you" :lol:

Australia | Cracked.com

Well I've been to see you all down under and wouldn't hesitate to come again...I'd even bring the children!You have a beautiful country down there, if only one of my ancestors had nicked a loaf of bread. Mind you I was raised in Africa so most of your denizens look like a cuddly toys to me.
Steve

I didn't check the site but having lived near the "Most Dangerous City" in the US (Camden, NJ) all my life, a former penal colony looks rather sweet!

The author sounds like a poofter... Anyone who wouldn't go there because of that ridiculous little write-up dosen't deserve to see one of the greatest countries on the planet.

One thing about Oz though, if you don't like insects, it's not the place for you. Snakes you'll see occasionally,and the odd shark or two (usually Wobbegongs thankfully!), but insects and spiders of every shape and size are everywhere. Amazing to watch the ground (wherever you are) for the amount of movement!

Last edited:
Lived in California till I was 54, lived with earthquakes all my life. A family moved in next door from Iowa, deathly afraid of earthquakes. They moved back to Iowa, after a few tornadoes they wanted to be back in CA! Have been in Oz for 9 years now and have only seen snakes in La Perouse, the Snake Man! Never have seen a funnel web spider! It's all god over here! cheers, Bill

Come on Vic you know better then that. You should never encourage anyone to go near those bloody things, a quick death is probably the best outcome for anyone foolish enough to get close to those monsters.
I had one close encounter a few years back, luckily a hoop snake drew the attention away from me as i made a hasty escape, still have nightmares....

Considering my line of work, sounds like the perfect country for me! Need a nickname though. Wallabee Njaco. Koala Kid. Officer Walkabout, They used to call the Man From the Sticks!

Considering my line of work, sounds like the perfect country for me! Need a nickname though. Wallabee Njaco. Koala Kid. Officer Walkabout, They used to call the Man From the Sticks!

"Boofhead" is a good generic until you can come up with your own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back