American Paper Modeler

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Willja67

Recruit
Jun 9, 2009
Hey guys I'm a WWII fighter fanatic (F2G Super Corsair is my all time favorite) and I also design and build paper models.

I am currently working on designing an XP-72 Ultrabolt and someone posted a link to this forum as a place to find out more about the P-47. So I thought I would register and check the place out.

If you want to know more about paper models check out papermodelers.com. You can find a lot of stuff about what they are how they're built and where to get them.

I have several models available for sale online namely the Super Corsair and XP-67 Moonbat.

Attachments

• Studio_corsair_lo_res.jpg
    Studio_corsair_lo_res.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 166
  • DSC07589.JPG
    DSC07589.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 147
Hello Mate,

Welcome to the forum.But I have to warn you that it is not good practice on this forum to advertise vendors of goods.

regards,

Hiya Willja, and welcome. Thanks for the link. Do you actually paint the paper models or are they printed that way already?

They are already printed. Paper models require a lot more effort to construct (than plastic) but the upside is that once you are done you're done.

Plastic are kind of reversed, fairly easy to build but a lot of effort goes into the finishing and painting.

They are already printed. Paper models require a lot more effort to construct (than plastic) but the upside is that once you are done you're done.

Plastic are kind of reversed, fairly easy to build but a lot of effort goes into the finishing and painting.

Hmmmm I'm intriqued now. Thanks for the info

Welcome aboard! BTW...what's that second plane you posted? I'm not familiar with that design....sleek lookin bird, though! Kinda reminds me of a single-boom P38 (sorta...vaguely....if you squint just right...)

Welcome aboard! BTW...what's that second plane you posted? I'm not familiar with that design....sleek lookin bird, though! Kinda reminds me of a single-boom P38 (sorta...vaguely....if you squint just right...)

McDonnell XP-67 Bat

The XP-67 was McDonnell's only propeller-powered fighter. On Aug. 14, 1941, the U.S. Army Air Forces placed its first order with the tiny McDonnell Aircraft Corp. for two prototypes of a novel, twin-engine, long-range fighter with a pressurized cabin.

Engineers tried to improve the airplane's aerodynamics by merging the center fuselage with rear portions of the engine nacelles. This resulted in the XP-67's unique bat-like shape. The turbo-supercharged 12-cylinder, inverted-V, liquid-cooled engines would be housed in long nacelles and would drive four-blade propellers in opposite directions. They were to maximize the use of exhaust to increase engine thrust.

The XP-67 was completed in St. Louis, Mo., in December 1943, but the temperamental engines caused the airplane's first flight to last only six minutes. Problems continued with the engines, and the XP-67's top speed was 200 mph slower than required. The second prototype was never finished.
Boeing: History -- Products - McDonnell XP-67 Fighter

I tried paper models once, both a Me-109 and a building from fiddlersgreen. I worked on them for about 2 hours, then brought over the trash can and pitched them. Everything was going well, but my A.D.D kicked in and I just dont have the patience for it.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Thorlifter, I have a problem with ADD as well. I have at this moment at least 6 models in my room that are unfinished and have been that way for quite awhile. I actually prefer designing to building. The XP-67 shown above the design was actually completed in February but it took till the end of may to get the parts numbered so I could release the kit for sale. I just couldn't force my attention back to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back