...and All is alright with the World.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

From the Indiana state fair

Attachments

• baconfudge-s6-c10.jpg
    baconfudge-s6-c10.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 147
  • Chocolate-bacon.jpg
    Chocolate-bacon.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 144
No - english breakfast muffin, toast etc. I make wicked bran muffins and I use 2 heaping tablespoons of my regular marmalade (which I make each year from concentrate). The last batch, I used this PC stuff and it was quite OK but sweeter than my own -- which naturally I prefer -- but, I'm not a bacon freak -- I do like to cook with it however-- using bacon as I would pancette. Red clam spagetti sauce being one application that my family loves.

Marmalade with ginger, garlic and soya sauce is also a great marinade for pork tenderloin, chicken etc.

MM

You do know that they have bacon flavored ice cream now, too...

It's been a while since I've taken on weight in here....... I think I've gained ten pounds and BP is up by 40% now......
Heston made bacon flavored ice cream on his show. Poached bacon in the milk, let it sit for a while, strained it and made the ice cream.

Bacon here in Oz is about 1/4" thick, impossible to get crisp. You have to get panchetta if you want crisp bacon for a BLT.

Bacon and pancakes rule!

I cook thick bacon all the time. Let the bacon get warmed up by setting it out for about 20 minutes before placing it on a hot pan. A bacon press is the best thing, but you can achieve the same effect by pressing down gently on the bacon while it is cooking with a spatula. Wrap a towel around your hand for the splatter. When the bacon is slightly done on the first side, flip it over and cook it on the other side thoroughly, so that it is crisp. This is the best of all bacon worlds, crunchy and chewy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back