Anyone else looking forward to GB18 Heavy Hitters (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Can't see any problem with it being only just started Andy. The only negative I've heard about the kit is in relation to the size and/or shape of the spinners. I've only seen photos of the kit built and painted so far, and the spinners did seem to be slightly 'off'.
If you need them, I have a set of spinners which seem to look ok, matched against scale plans and the old Airfix 1/48th scale FBVI. They're assembled, less the props, and are from the old Monogram kit. The spinner should separate from the back plate ok I would think, and they're yours if you want them.

Was looking in my stash, today, and I may have something that will qualify. How about the A-1E "Skyraider" ?? (Navy version is the AD-5) From what I understand that sucker would carry as much ordinance as a B-17. Comments ??

Charles

Last edited:
Was looking in my stash, today, and I may have something that will qualify. How about the A-1E "Skyraider" ?? (Navy version is the AD-5) From what I understand that sucker would carry as much ordinance as a B-17. Comments ??

Charles
Able Dog is a Go!
Love to see this one in balsa, Please do!

It appears that I have the "blessing" of those who know, about the Skyraider. I do have a Guillow's 1/24 balsa/tissue kit, albeit un-opened and shrink wrapped. Maybe today I'll open it up and see what I have to procure, especially paint-wise. I'll get my "vacation" on the "Nose Art" GB. That one I am sitting out.

Oh... Bill, I don't do scratch building....

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2654.JPG
    DSC_2654.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 98
I've got:

A-1 Skyraider, Walk Around.
Douglas A-1 Skyraider, Warbird Tech.
AD Skyraider, In Detail Scale.
Douglas A-1, Skyraider A Photo Chronicle.
Douglas Skyraider.

Should anything pop up...

Btw, if someone does the toilet bomb (which is in Tamiya kit I think), someone need to do the one dropping the kitchen sink! :lol:

Hang on chaps! Isn't GB 18 Heavy Hitters of World War Two ?
If so, then I'm afraid the Skyraider wouldn't qualify, being post WW2. Need to clarify this - with not participating in GBs recently, I might have missed any changes to titles.

I have way too many choices in the stash for this one

1/48th
Do-17Z Hobby Craft
He-111 Monogram
Ju-88A-4 Hobby Craft
Grace Hasagawa
A-20B/C AMT
A-20G AMT
B-24D Monogram
B-26 Monogram
SBD-1 Dauntless Accurate Miniatures
SBD-3 Dauntless Accurate Miniatures
TBF Avenger Accurate Miniatures

1/72nd
Arado Ar E555 Flying Wing Luft. 46 Revell
BV-222 Flying Boat Revell
Do-17E Airfix
HE-111H-6 Hasagawa
He-177A-5 Revell
Sm.79 Airfix
SM.79 Italeri
Blenheim IV Airfix
Firefly IV/V Special Hobby
Halifax B.III Airfix
Halifax I/II Revell
Hampton Airfix
Lancaster B.I Airfix
Sterling B.I/B.III Airfix
Sunderland III Airfix
Whitley Mk. V Model Craft
B-24D Minicraft
B-24H Minicraft
B-24H Minicraft
B-17E Academy
B-17G Academy
Maryland Eastern Express
PB4Y-1 (B-24) Minicraft
PB4Y-1 (B-24) Revell
PB4Y-2 Privateer Revell
SBC4 Helldiver Heller

And I'm sure I'm missing a few. Unfortunately this summer is looking like it's going to be pretty busy so I'll be lucky to get even one in.

Last edited:
This is what I have copied for the GB.

GB 18 - May 1st–Sun Sept 2nd 2013 -Heavy Hitters of WWII Allied or Axis, Single to Multi Engine. -
Bombers, dive bombers, tank busters, ground attack, anything that delivers a heavy punch.

So you are right.

Hang on chaps! Isn't GB 18 Heavy Hitters of World War Two ?
If so, then I'm afraid the Skyraider wouldn't qualify, being post WW2. Need to clarify this - with not participating in GBs recently, I might have missed any changes to titles.

Good on you, Terry, it seems everyone else missed the boat on this one, including me. Just as well, I just opened the sealed, shrink wrapped box for a look-see, and man..... what a disappointment. Paper decals that you color with crayons and glue on ! No ordinance included in the kit. Not even plans to make your own. I just sent a nastygram to Guillow's telling them of my frustration and disappointment in their kit #904.

Gives me an excuse to sit this one out, 'cause I don't have anything else that would qualify.

This one goes back in the box.....

Charles

Shame you won't be in on this Charles.

Andy - not a judge, but no problem to me if the kit's started. Got those markings in 1:72 too, should anyone else want to try model her in that scale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back