Aquarium Talk: Fish/Reptiles/Lizards/Insectivoids...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I just saw this video today.

It looks real........ but I dont know........ comments anyone?

A google search showed nothing.

Attachments

• Rattlesnake.wmv
    3.5 MB · Views: 77
Yeah the Jimmy Kimmel one is a fake. It was planned that way. The snake was fake anyhow. You could tell by looking at it.

On the actual show the band goes with him in the ambulance and he continues the show from the hospitle and his guests were the doctors from Grays Anatomy.

As for the second one. That was not a Anaconda but either a Rock Python or a Tiger Python.

But what the hell does that guy expect! For the way he was handling that big snake he deserved to be bitten. I mean that is not how you handle one. Even my pet python which is extremely docile and friendly would not take that for very long and would have bitten me if I were to try that.

Fricken idiot!

Check this one out below though. I had to laugh. Steve was awesome in this one and look at his eyes when it bites his neck.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnfn6rV4sL0

Saw the topic of the thread and had to stop in. I don't do fish, but I've had a variety of insects and scorpions. Fish are cool but seem like a lot of work. Arthropods are extremely easy to care for and fascinating to own.

Attachments

• Scorpion%20Eats%20Roach%2004-26-2006%20017.jpg
    Scorpion%20Eats%20Roach%2004-26-2006%20017.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 255
I would not mind having a scorpion but I think I will stick to snakes and fish.

We kept several Scorpions of different color and sizes in Iraq as well as Spiders and Camel Spiders (which are not really spiders by the way).

Camel spiders are class Arachnida, order Solifugae- related to true spiders, but much, much cooler. I've seen lots of videos from bored servicemen in Iraq. These things are absolutely vicious and there are lots and lots of rumors about them that are completely untrue.

Camel spiders are class Arachnida, order Solifugae- related to true spiders, but much, much cooler.

No the are not.

Solifugae are not true spiders, which are from a different order, Araneae. Like scorpions and harvestmen, they belong to a distinct arachnid order.

They are distant relatives of spiders.

Aggie08 said:
I've seen lots of videos from bored servicemen in Iraq. These things are absolutely vicious and there are lots and lots of rumors about them that are completely untrue.

No they are not aggresive at all. I lived with them in Iraq for 14 months and was never attacked by them once. We would catch them and keep them as pets. If they run after you they are just trying to get in your shadow to keep cool.

No one was ever bitten by one in the 14 months or attacked by them.

The rumors of them being aggresive are all tall tales of soldiers trying to scare people, scare new soldiers or just act tough.

Also no camel spiders have venom (except for a possible species that lives in India) nor do they have an anaesthetic.

Related as in they are arachnids, from the order Arachnida. Not everything in Arachnida are true spiders.

I meant in the videos I had seen, where they are forced to fight scorpions or other critters. The opponent doesn't even have a chance. They have no interest in bothering people.

There were rumors going around soldiers that they had an anaesthetic and ate you while you slept and other ridiculous things which are of course not true.

I meant in the videos I had seen, where they are forced to fight scorpions or other critters. The opponent doesn't even have a chance. They have no interest in bothering people.

We would put them in tanks with Scorpions and the Camel Spiders never won. The Scorpions allways came out on top.

The only thing the Camel Spiders were able to defeat were crickets, that we fed them....

Hmm, I guess I've only seen one half of the story then.

The bigger the scorpion, the less potent the sting, I don't think it would have mattered. Dude was screwed from the get-go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back