Atlantic Waterspout

Pong

Staff Sergeant
1,333
4
Joined
Sep 2, 2007
Location
Manila, Philippines
This is a pretty terrifying, yet amazing photo. Waterspout near a convoy in the North Atlantic. :shock:


k2z50h.jpg




-Arlo
 
I remember hearing my grandfather talk of those when he was in the Merchant Marines. I didn't realize they got to be that large though. WOW!!!:shocked!:
 
Going back to St.Augustine from Orlando on A1A near Daytona I saw 2 of those on the water, no way near as big as the pic above but still impressive, weird seeing those on water.
 
Scary indeed, that is huge!
 
I have seen several along the coast here and never that big.When they hit the shore line good for a couple hundred feet maybe then gonza.
 
Wow, amazing shot!
 
I'm going to say this, quite frankly, you get caught in one of those, you are so screwed.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back