attack on Norway 1940

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

here is a few photos of the Ju 90 and the G.38 :) hope you like them. the pictures are taken at Fornebu Norway 10th and 11th april 1940
i just love the Ju 90 :) as you see its one is in "civilian" painting and one in military paintings. the one in military paintscheme was lost in a accident the day after this photo was taken. the other survived the war and was found intact by the allieds in 1945

but this also makes a dilema for me as they are aviable in 1:72 ( i have been told ) so if i want to make these also in the diorama that means i have to make april the 10th or 11th..the attack was 9th of april.. hmmm
what to do..hehe

Attachments

• G.38.jpg
    G.38.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 145
  • G.38 (1).jpg
    G.38 (1).jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 140
  • G.38 (2).jpg
    G.38 (2).jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 147
  • Junkers 90.jpg
    Junkers 90.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 137
  • Junkers 90 (1).jpg
    Junkers 90 (1).jpg
    28 KB · Views: 158
Great pics Mr.G!
You might find aluminium from drinks cans could be rather thick for 1/72nd scale. You could possibly use thick foil, the type some pain killers and other medicines are packed in, or the thin lead foil from the necks of wine bottles. This can be bent to virtually any shape, and is ideal for making twisted and creased metal. There is no inherent strength in these materials, but as the models will not be touched once in position, it doesn't matter. Also, the lead foil in particular could be pressed to form the corrugations of the JU52 skin if required.

thanks.. and also thanks for the tips.. i tried with aluminum foil ( the same thing one wraps baked potatos in ) and it did make quite a difference..i also tried to make some more internal structure .. not sure if it shows to well on the pics but i think it is a better version than the first pics.. now it dont look that much like melted plastic..
comments are welcome.. good or bad :) tips is always useful :)

Attachments

• ju52model 004.jpg
    ju52model 004.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 136
  • ju52model 003.jpg
    ju52model 003.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 136
  • ju52model 002.jpg
    ju52model 002.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 150
  • ju52model 001.jpg
    ju52model 001.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 136
but for some reasons my airbrush started spitting when i did the final touches with white/grey..and that actually made a nice " ash fall out "
as it would have been after a real fire :) and it also looks more like the real pictures :)

but i see that i should do a lot more wires hanging down..

Attachments

• ju52model 005.jpg
    ju52model 005.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 155
  • ju52model 006.jpg
    ju52model 006.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 142
Sounds like an awsome project, if you need any pictures let me know and I will see what I can locate though I bet you have all the bases covered. :lol:

thanks pal. but i got it all covered with hundreds of photos taken 9th and 10th of april 1940 on fornebu :)
so we should be able to put together a accurat diorama :) as you seen i have posted a few here of what we will make :)

Wow, still cant figure out where you get all your time, man I have a hard time just working on one subject let alone a whole bunch of other things.

i really wish the day had more hrs. :(

but oh well..i do my best..and i always said..one has time to do what one want to do.. :)
( but usually i get kinda short on hrs and days.. but somehow in the end it all comes together )

:)

and also the years.. the just fly by.. it should have been different..the years shoudl have gone fast when one was a kit waiting for X-mas..and then go slower for each year after turned 16.. hehe
but noooooooooooooooo..
i agree with you..cant figure thaone out at all...

Great work Gutt! If you need to reproduce sections of the corrugated skin of the JU52, model railway outlets can supply 1/72nd scale plastic sheet, moulded to look like corrugated iron fencing, walls etc. This could be cut and bent to simulate partly destroye, or heat-warped sections of the aircraft. One company is 'Evergreen', and also I think 'Javis', in the U.K.
I love the effect of the aluminium ash - it is very realistic.
And yes, the days and years seem to go twice as fast as you get older! Twenty years ago I was only a youngster, at 37 - in another twenty years, if I live that long, I'll be an old man of 77 !! Twenty years ago seems like only last week sometimes.....

thanks for the tip. will check it out..and i agree..i am 39..and it feels like last summer that i was 16.. strange..

but still a 12 year old boy in my heart.. building models and having fun :) but that is what life is about..having fun and "play" :)

now that the dio of the Junkers on ice in 1:48 has been completed ( we should still add a few more people and some ammoboxes )
the time has come to work more on the bigger dio of the attack on Norway.. several planes are under progress..
six He 111..six Ju 87..ten Ju 52..one gloster gladiator..one DC-3 and seven Bf 110 are under "construction"..
this will take time..hehe and still a lot more aircrafts are needed to complete the Fornebu airport as it was in 1940

Attachments

• DSC01351.JPG
    DSC01351.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC01350.JPG
    DSC01350.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC01352.JPG
    DSC01352.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 137
  • DSC01353.JPG
    DSC01353.JPG