B-17 Flight Log, Sept 43-Feb 44, 385th Bomb Wing....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks to a great find from Renrich, here is a sample page from the logbook of Joel Punches, Navigator for a B-17F flying in the 385th Bomb Wing....

It makes some really interesting reading fellas.... U'll get drawn into it I tell ya....

Heres a sample....

Attachments

• yy B-17 Log page.jpg
    yy B-17 Log page.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 280
  • z-B-17log.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 228
A gem. Thanks to Renrich.

Can't imagine what it must have been like living from day to day with a high risk of death by blunt, smashing, ripping, explosive and buring trauma.

Bush got a raw deal with the Iraq war with our enlightened and progressive media. Can you see what the headlines would have been had Bush been President in '43? In addition to "Bush lied, people died," we'd see:

Army Air Force Sends Flyboys Up In Bombers With No Defensive Armamant. 20 Flyboys Die

Army Air Force Bombs Holland. Death Toll Unknown.

Army Air Force Fails To Coordinate Fighter Protection, Dozens Of Flyboys Die

Army Air Force Sends Flyboys On Missions Even In Dangerous Weather Conditions

President Continues Disasterous Air Raids With No Sucess In Sight

Last edited:
Marvellous Dan and Renrich. The blunt, as it happened writings of a young man on his first operational posting, without the Hollywood glitz and so-called glory.

Dan, many thanks for posting. Sorry my computer skills are lacking. In reading this journal it makes me realise there was a lot more going on than many of us are aware of. Those practise missions were not exactly routine.

The B-17F Flight Log is incredible reading. It sure gives you a better understanding of what they went through. If anyone doesn't believe that "FREEDOM IS NOT FREE" then they should read this.:p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back