B-24 Liberator Diorama - 1/48th Scale.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks, Vic and Andy.

Just having a coffee break, having almost completed the work on both port engines.
Once refreshed, I'm hoping to install the inner engine, and then join the wing. Might have some pics later, if not, then it'll be sometime tomorrow.

Finally got the engines in, wing joined, and cowl rings attached.

The exposed engine area looks a bit rough at the moment, but there's still a lot to do in this area, with the paintwork shown being the basic groundwork. Cowling support frames will be made and fitted, and detail painting done, once all the surrounding joints have been attended to.
Due to the design of the kit parts, and to an extent, possibly the age of the moulds, the anticipated less than perfect joints did rear their ugly heads, especially around the longitudinal joints along the nacelles, as well as some areas along the leading edge of the wing.
Initial work has been done to clean-up these areas, but a lot more work is still required. Some areas look worse than they actually are, due to the reflections and flow marks in the horrible "silver" plastic.

Pics below show how things look so far, and I'll be back when there's more to show.

B-24 Diorama 468.JPG
B-24 Diorama 473.JPG
B-24 Diorama 475.JPG
B-24 Diorama 481.JPG

Thanks all, and great pics Mi. That first pic is particularly useful, thank you for that.
Yes, I have the Cletrac kit that is included with the Monogram B-24 kit, and also a bomb cart from their B-17G kit, but decided not to use them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back