B-25J-1 (1/48) #43-27698, 13, "Peggy Lou", 445th BS/321st BG, Group Build...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A tad worn out after a hectic summer mate. Haven't done as much as I've wanted because of being tired. Still, everything is almost there and ready for painting, just to add the engines, cowlings, canopies, stuff the wheelbays etc...
That's what I hope doing tomorrow....can't wait to add "13" number 6! :lol:

Thanks for asking!

How's tricks at your end of the lines....

A tad worn out after a hectic summer mate. Haven't done as much as I've wanted because of being tired. Still, everything is almost there and ready for painting, just to add the engines, cowlings, canopies, stuff the wheelbays etc...
That's what I hope doing tomorrow....can't wait to add "13" number 6! :lol:

Thanks for asking!

How's tricks at your end of the lines....

Like you Im very tired, things have'nt went my way for a while so I have been working lots of over time. Roughly 60 plus hours a week which doesnt leave me much spare time. I worked 9 hours today and have as little as 54 more hours to go this week. Im hoping in 3 weeks to get back to a normal work week of sorts. Just getting very burned out as this is week 10 of doing this. So know how you feel :D

And it doesn't help with people being off for one reason or another! No matter how you look at it, it sucks! Take it easy man....:thumbright:

Probably just need to figure out the style of the top camouflage....

Im no expert in camo but Wojtek might have a suggestion. I think olive green might be the color but Im color blind also. :oops: Maybe this picture will help

Attachments

• 321st_445th%20Peggy%20Lou.jpg
    321st_445th%20Peggy%20Lou.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 116
According to the pics you and Paul sent me, yes. I must admit, the last pic Paul posted, of the formation, makes it look like the undersides and fuselage sides are Neutral Grey, which they might have been at the time of that photograph, but all the others, especially the close ups, with the nose art, are definitely bare metal. It's possible/probable that in the earlier stages of deployment, the OD/NG was carried, the latter being removed later. It's also possible that the above pic shows bare metal, but look different due to lighting and or the printing process.

Fiddling with "Peggy Lou" this morning, couldn't and can't sleep (only about 3 hours), so I thought that i should try to get some things done at least.

Now, I couldn't see any good pics of her nose armament (except back in the US with no guns in the nose), but profiles shows her with (it seems) a five gun nose, which means there's no room for the bombardier and the two gun version (In Action cover).

Personally, I more leaning towards the two gun nose, even if the five gun version is juicy and offer a lot of "bang" for the money, it somehow doesn't feel right with this being a bomber in the MTO....

Your views?

Judging from the pics Jan, I'd say normal nose armament of one flexible .50 cal Browning centrally mounted, and one fixed .50 cal Browning floor mounted, starboard side.

Well, this kit was really rubbing me off the wrong way this morning, broke off the port stabilisator, almost broke off a .50 in one of the starboard gunpods, topturret not wanting to work my way, NOT happy with the engine nacelles, starboard is acceptable, port NOT so much. Getting the nacelle in a way that I won't have to add 1 Kg putty in, the propeller will be in an odd angle upwards, doing the other way, as I said.....1 Kg of putty to fill the gap!

The bin was jumping up and down shouting "give me, give me, give me.....!" Had it not been for Pauls hard work digging out info, it would have been there now....in the bin.

The nicest thing that I can say about this kit, without running the risk of being banned for a week because of the use of extremely foul language, is that it's shows that it's an.....cough....old kit!

DSCF0001-57.jpg

DSCF0003-53.jpg

DSCF0004-46.jpg

DSCF0002-58.jpg

DSCF0006-35.jpg

DSCF0005-47.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back