B-25J-1 (1/48) #43-27698, 13, "Peggy Lou", 445th BS/321st BG, Group Build...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, this kit was really rubbing me off the wrong way this morning, broke off the port stabilisator, almost broke off a .50 in one of the starboard gunpods, topturret not wanting to work my way, NOT happy with the engine nacelles, starboard is acceptable, port NOT so much. Getting the nacelle in a way that I won't have to add 1 Kg putty in, the propeller will be in an odd angle upwards, doing the other way, as I said.....1 Kg of putty to fill the gap!

The bin was jumping up and down shouting "give me, give me, give me.....!" Had it not been for Pauls hard work digging out info, it would have been there now....in the bin.

The nicest thing that I can say about this kit, without running the risk of being banned for a week because of the use of extremely foul language, is that it's shows that it's an.....cough....old kit!

Considering all these comments, you've done bloody well cobber. How you feeling now?
:hotsun: :hotsun:

Cheers lads! Feel worn Vic old chap....:(

Now, do some more on those two '51's or start on a '110G-2.......hmmmmm.

Only add the clear stuff on the Beau and these two are getting closer to some paint..

It's not looking too bad old boy, and I'm sure that after a soothing Guinness or six you'll sort that engine cowling. I reckon it's just the age of the moulds, or perhaps that and a slightly warped part. Their B26 Marauder is supposed to be as bad nowadays for fit of the rear engine nacelles, according to most build reviews, but the kit I got was perfect.
Anyway, you can't 'bin it', as I'm part way through doing the decals - by hand! I couldn't get the image from the artwork you and Paul suoplied to hold good resolution when reduced, so I'm hand drawing and colouring the nose art, and some of the lettering. So don't you bl**dy dare pack it in now!!
BTW, nice work so far old chap!

Lots of Dry Fitting, Lots of putty and lots of Bourbon! You'll get there. Strange that there should be that much of a gap though. I'd go with Terry - somethings warped, and it's not the Enterprise!

Cheers

Peter

Attachments

• chicks.JPG
    chicks.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 81

Users who are viewing this thread

Back