Battle of Britain 'Bits Box'. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Whew, at least I don't have to go thru That again................
Getting antsy for that kit to get here.

double Dam double posts......

Will add this site I found. Has some links to details of pilots who flew during the BoB in an alphabetical index.
Found both of my pilots in there,pictures and last flight description.
http://www.bbm.org.uk/pilots-a.htm

Last edited:
Damn, still no Blenheim Mk1 from Hannant's Curse you over seas mail system. :evil: Oh wait I have my Nazi Spitfire I can use to keep me busy. During this down time I've also been working on my other Blenheim project but I'm at the point where I need to attach the canopy. The only thing now is I'm waiting for the masks I ordered for it with all my other Blenheim stuff. :(

My order from Hannant's arrived today. I will post the goods later. Right now I need to get stuff together for a family reunion we are having for my girlfriends family. At a brief first glance the MpM Blenheim is heads and shoulders better then the airfix. This is going to be fun :twisted:

Sounds good Dirk. I've heard the MPM kit is good, and it's got to be much better than the now very old Airfix kit, which dates from the late 1960s.
Could you post it in the relevant section though please, so as not to clutter this thread.
When I've completed all of the 'Bits' entries, I'll either post the complete group of PDFs, or, if possible, package the lot into one PDF.
I should have (fingers crossed) the Luftwaffe markings colours section completed within the next few days.

I hope it is OK to post these corrections to the pdfs with respect to the Messerschmitt Bf 110 information.

pdf2
No Bf 110 C-4/Bs were on charge with units in the Battle. The following sub-variants are missing from the list:
C-3
C-6
D-3
E-1

pdf3
ZG 2 did not use the code 2S during the Battle. That code was only used when that unit was reconstituted during the mid-war years. The following are the correct codes for ZG 2:
I. Gruppe = 3M
II. Gruppe = A2

ZG 26 did not only use the code U8. The following are the correct codes for ZG 26:
Geschwaderstab = 3U
I. Gruppe = U8
II. III. Gruppen = 3U

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Thanks very much indeed John, that's a great help. Being a sort of 'quickie' publication, I had to rely on the info at my immediate disposal, and I must admit I had my doubts about some of the codes. I'll use this to correct the section, as I intend to post the complete groups of PDFs as one 'publication' at the end, or near the end, of the GB, so that people can have a quick reference guide.
Thanks again,
Terry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back