Best AA weapon

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This dont look too shabby they had it powered up and where letting the kids have a play at Duxford FL day minus ammo of course :(

Attachments

• quad_.5__s_675.jpg
    quad_.5__s_675.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 568
the german 88mm anti aircraft/anti tank gun.had good range,heavy damage potential and could be radar controlled.

I personally think it was one of the best all around guns. Maybe not the best at any one given thing but it was very good overall.

It wasn't the best anti-aircaft artillery but it was a versatile piece of equipment and was extremely deadly against tanks.

Ive seen that movie under a higher resolution before...... and it looks like a bomb from an airplane above fell on the wing.

Plus it was in the Pacific, not Europe. From the islands below, it looks like its over Truk or Pulau Atoll.

I took these pix of a pair of Japanese medium Caliber AA guns.

They were recovered from Eastern New Guinie (one is definetly from Wewak area) and are on exhibit at the Imperial Japanese War Museum, Yasakuni, Tokyo.

Attachments

• yokohama_jan_97_077a_161.jpg
    yokohama_jan_97_077a_161.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 417
  • yokohama_jan_97_078a_178.jpg
    yokohama_jan_97_078a_178.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 422
Also the US 90mm was no slouch. I remember watching a show on discovery channel a few years back, on how back in 1945, it was slaved to a radar and an experimental ballistics computer and could actually automatically track and hit on the first couple of salvo's low and middle flying aircraft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back