Best Aircraft in many different roles

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

my money's on 190s as well and i'm not just saying this because it's my favourite, but i think they'd be As...................

Actually, I don't think fighters would be a problem, since little fighters had the same low-alt performance of the Anton...

I think I'd prefer flying the G.55S when it comes to torpedo-fighters, though!

The only downfall would be the inline engine, weak to flak and ground fire...

The P-38.

Successful as a long-range fighter, ground attack aircraft, dive bomber, level bomber, interceptor, recon aircraft, fast ambulance. It was also successfully tested towing gliders, dropping torps (2), and adapted into a very successful night fighter. It could pretty much do it all.

Oh, must be REAL comfy to ride in this ambulance while wounded...

p38-33.jpg

cheddar cheese said:
And I hope the control "Jettison Droptanks" in the cockpit was also disabled, imagine the horror if he hit that by accident...

I read an account of a trip in one of those 'Pods' really just a drop tank with a door and a flat floor NO windows (I guess some did), locked from the outside. The guy said "Nothing could ever get him back in one".

This is a pretty good web page with good/knowledgable people - even if their as hard headded about their favorite planes as I am! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back