Best tank killer aircraft of WW2 Part I

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not refering to the XP-58 Chain Lighting. The aircraft I am refering to is a direct derivitive of the P-38E. It used identical wings and booms with only the central nacelle being altered. The only place I have ever seen anything on it is in Warren Bodie's book on the P-38. It features several excellent drawings of what the design would have looked like.

The book doesn't contain much information on it. It was a totally a USAAF project that Lockheed and Kelly Johnson were completely unaware of. The book does include a couple of neat sketches of the beast. One is a profile shot and one is cut-away of the cockpit nacelle.

another book of interest on this very subject is the Ju 87 by Martin Pegg. Will be produced through Classic Publications. If any of you are fortunate to have the Hs 129 Tome then you know the expertize behind Mr. Pegg and the quality of Classics work's. It should be superb...........

Erich ~

I don't have a scanner here unfortunately. In another week or so I will be back where I have access to one. At the point I am hoping to be able to post the pics of the 75mm version of the P-38 as well as a pic of a P-38 with a total of 6 underwing hardpoints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back