Best things from Europe

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Far too posh game for me, by the looks of it! :lol: My knowledge about.......that game, is limited to that I've heard about the 'ashes'.....then I left for the pub, to watch rugby....

Far too posh game for me, by the looks of it! :lol: My knowledge about.......that game, is limited to that I've heard about the 'ashes'.....then I left for the pub, to watch rugby....

Cricket is a subtle game of feint and skills that are not immediately obvious to the a non cricket playing countryman like you old bean.
Cricketing metaphors pepper the English language to make it even more confusing, especially to our pals over the pond :)

Cricket is a subtle game of feint and skills that are not immediately obvious to the a non cricket playing countryman like you old bean.
Cricketing metaphors pepper the English language to make it even more confusing, especially to our pals over the pond :)
As as a good slice of courage, anyone who has played at silly mid on or off will agree.

In other words, rugby is more of a MAN sport that cricket.....still don't understand why they need showers on the grounds, only time they'll break out in sweat, is when they read the stock exchange, have mismatch socks or a splinter in their finger, pretty much like them there.....footballers, or whatever Terry called them... :lol:

In other words, rugby is more of a MAN sport that cricket.....still don't understand why they need showers on the grounds, only time they'll break out in sweat, is when they read the stock exchange, have mismatch socks or a splinter in their finger, pretty much like them there.....footballers, or whatever Terry called them... :lol:

Dear oh dear.
Terrance, education is needed here :)

Far too posh game for me, by the looks....

Who, Alizée? :)

...My knowledge about.......that game, is limited to that I've heard about the 'ashes'.....

There used to be a 'black humour' joke about that in NZ (my apologies in advance to any Jewish members!):

-Why did the Jews take on the Germans at Cricket?
-to see if they could win back the ashes...

Yep, German cold meats are good. The 'wursts make a nice meal with a tasty salad, fresh bread and relishes.
The only cold meat I'm not overly keen on are the very very spicy, very garlic or fatty ones.

'I don't know that play...'

Amen Corner were a '60's British pop group. 'If paradise is half as nice' ( as the heaven mustard takes me too)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back