Best things from Europe (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Readie

Chief Master Sergeant
Apr 15, 2011
Plymouth, England
Following on from the 'Best things from America' thread here is the same idea but, for Europe.
Over to you guys
Cheers
John

My first offers are :-

Rudolf Diesel (1858 - 1913). I am a great fan of diesel engines and this is the man who started it all.

The world's first functional engine supercharger was made by Scottish engineer Dugald Clerk, who used it for the first two-stroke engine in 1878. My Mini S has a supercharger and I love the power delivery. Thank you Mr Clerk :)

Carnaby Street.
The Lambretta
Moto Guzzi, Triumph, BSA, Laverda motorbikes.
A just system of law.
Navigation (slight mistake finding some countries but, we'll gloss over that) :)

Pizza!!!!

Fun fact:

Pizza was based off the Chinese Green Onion pancake, when Marco Polo came back he missed the Green Onion Pancake so much he had a chef try to recreate it. They did not succeed and Marco suggested the filling be put on top and after have other ingredients like cheese added the pizza was created.

I still say smallpox. If Europeans hadn't brought something to wipe out the indigenous population, then we wouldn't be here! :)

as for pizza, tomatoes were thought to be poisonous until only about 150 years ago....

Oh yeah, Fawlty Towers, that was classic. Wish there were more episodes. I always liked the beginning of the show when the letters on the Fawlty Towers sign were switched around to spell something else, the one that comes to mind is "Flowery Twats"
My favorite episode was "The Germans", with the "talking Moose head" and Basil doing the goose step. "Don't mention the war, I did once but I think I got away with it";)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back