Best things from Europe

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I still say smallpox. If Europeans hadn't brought something to wipe out the indigenous population, then we wouldn't be here! :)

as for pizza, tomatoes were thought to be poisonous until only about 150 years ago....

Rightfully so, Tomatoes are f****** nasty

The originators of my favorite expletive... Pluck Yew!!!

Pluck Yew ? sounds a bit Chinese to me Matt.... :)

'**** off' is more British and a universal word for many situations...
For instance a very large 250bhp outboard motor would be called a '**** off motor'

There are more...of course....

Last edited:
Pluck Yew ? sounds a bit Chinese to me Matt.... :)

'**** off' is more British and a universal word for many situations...
For instance a very large 250bhp outboard motor would be called a '**** off motor'

There are more...of course....

More useless trivia "Yew is the type of wood the British, and others, preferred to build thier longbows with. Story goes the french would cut off captures archers and cut thier middle fingers off. Hence the term "Pluck Yew" being used by fully fingered British archers to intimidate the French. Snopes say this is not true, but it makes for a good story.

Now my only question is, did the french actually say "I fart in your general direction" whilst catapulting cattle over the fortress walls at the British?

Last edited:
More useless trivia "Yew is the type of wood the British, and others, preferred to build thier longbows with. Story goes the french would cut off captures archers and cut thier middle fingers off. Hence the term "Pluck Yew" being used by fully fingered British archers to intimidate the French. Snopes say this is not true, but it makes for a good story.

Now my only question is, did the french actually say "I fart in your general direction" whilst catapulting cattle over the fortress walls at the British?

Second question first. Only in Monty Pythons Holy Grail film.... the French were more likely to eat the cattle than chuck them at us in real life :)

The middle finger salute is considered rather rude, but you are right where it originated from...

Finger (gesture) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Beat things from Europe?
The list is far to long for the available space on the forum - but I'll start with all those ships which went to other parts of the globe, thereby enabling other places to have 'good things' - eventually.

Huge supply of "like new" WW2 MAS rifles....:).......Kidding....Pain au chocolate,pommes frites,curry wurst,Bouillabaise,baguette, Vin Rose du Bandol,Jaeger schnitzel,Rouladen,Porsche,Italian exotics,Mercedes,Beemers,Sophie Loren,Laverda,Gilera,Champagne,Cognac,Pastis,Lasagna

Iron Maiden (band, not the machine), Nikola Tesla, Da Vinci, Gugliermo Marconi, Catherina Zeta Jones, Ms. Sklodowska-Curie, VW Golf, Mini Morris, Fiat 500 600, BMW, RR, Dubrovnik...

French Revolution.

In no particular order:

- Me
- The train
- The car
- The sportscar
- Swedish women
- Leffe Blond

tumblr_inline_mjwfa1LQFw1qz4rgp.jpg

German Beer
Heavy Metal Music (arguably it was invented in good old England)
Mercedes Benz
Volkswagen Beetle
Jaguar
Guiness
Castles (and great old history that makes for amazing vacations and trips that I will never forget in my life.)
The best cheeses in the world.
Overall it Europe is a foodies wet dream.
Topless Beeches
Football

Last edited:
Schnitzel, Bratwurst, I'll 2nd the Swedish women!!!, German beer, but the best thing has got to be the most beautiful car EVER invented!!!

Attachments

• Lamborghini_Countach-05.jpg
    Lamborghini_Countach-05.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 126

Users who are viewing this thread

Back