Best World War II Aircraft?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

did someone post that this guy was only 11 yrs old in his profile......... ?

my gosh we are having a argument with a child ! Hey kiddo no disrespect but go through some of the archived materials-threads and read and learn. The Japanese AF was a tour de waste

ZEROS RULE!!!!!DEAL WITH IT!!!!!

I seriously DO study ww2 aircraft!Studying them for 6 years!And I know for a FACT that Zeros do kick @$$!

lol

Take a good look kid...

scan500.jpg

As it was stated, Zeros DID rule for a short period. BTW some of us have spent more time on the toilet then you been born so we know a little more than you. Listen to Les, don't triple post and read some of the data you might lean something...

Where is that picture?I like ww2 aircraft wrecks too...American OR Japanese!
P.S.I wrote a report on the Zero last month.

Where is that picture?I like ww2 aircraft wrecks too...American OR Japanese!
P.S.I wrote a report on the Zero last month.

I hope you did not put in your school report that the Zero was the best fighter of WW2.

Liking something the best and being the best are 2 different things. My favorite is the Bf-109G but you will never see me kidding myself saying that it was the best fighter of WW2.

At school,I DIDN'T say it was the best of all,but I said it was the best Japanese fighter!:lol:

At school,I DIDN'T say it was the best of all,but I said it was the best Japanese fighter!:lol:

The A6M2 was a very capable warbird when it first hit the fleet. However, it was slow straight and level, and could be outdove by almost anything else in the air. Later models, like the A6M5 attempted to rectify this, and sharply diminished her greatest attitribute - maneuverability.

Most influential Japanese fighter - yes, I'll give you that.

Best Japanese fighter, no way. There were several very capable designs that took to the sky, but Japanese industry wasn't able to meet the task. The Ki-84, mentioned by Gnomey, was a much more capable design.

Hi guys, just a quick comment in favour of Okha. He is a young member and as such he has not had the time to research every single WW2 aircraft make and model as you have.

Please cut Okha a little slack and try to encourage the younger members of the site so that they can give a valued contribution to WW2aircraft forums.

I would say that the "Zeke" was a very capable aircraft in the PTO but it did not have the publicity of the "Zero" and as such could be in the running for the sixth or seventh place for best aircraft of WW2.

Hi guys, just a quick comment in favour of Okha. He is a young member and as such he has not had the time to research every single WW2 aircraft make and model as you have.

Please cut Okha a little slack and try to encourage the younger members of the site so that they can give a valued contribution to WW2aircraft forums.

I would say that the "Zeke" was a very capable aircraft in the PTO but it did not have the publicity of the "Zero" and as such could be in the running for the sixth or seventh place for best aircraft of WW2.

We have always encouraged younger members and are more than willing to educate - when they come on here and act like knuckleheads is when we may push them around a little...

With that said - Zeke - Zero? The Zeke was an A6M5, the last model of the A6M (Type O model 52 to be exact) - It's was the same aircraft! Oh and by the way, still shot down in numerous quantities...

Sorry Flyboy. I stand corrected, I will admit that I am slightly drunk at the moment and as such I am not as fully conversant with the facts as I should be. :)

Please accept that everybody has a right to express their opinion as to which aircraft, in their opinion, was the best of WW2. For example Adler with the 109, Lanc with the Lanc, yourself with anything American :)

Cheers, Nick

Sorry Flyboy. I stand corrected, I will admit that I am slightly drunk at the moment and as such I am not as fully conversant with the facts as I should be. :)
No problem - have a pint for me!
Please accept that everybody has a right to express their opinion as to which aircraft, in their opinion, was the best of WW2. For example Adler with the 109, Lanc with the Lanc, yourself with anything American :)

Cheers, Nick
Totally understand and we always respect the opinions of others as we all know the Best Aircraft of WW2 is the C-47. :D

And we all no, daishi, that FBJ is so shallow in intellect as to never recognize an aircraft's performance and positive qualities based upon anything other than US origin. :sad3:

Fighters and bomers wear just the spear head the transports and trainers were the handle. you cant get to a opponent with just a spear head? thats why i say C-47

Users who are viewing this thread

Back