Bf 109G-6 2./EJG 2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi guys,

My brother is looking at paint schemes for a Bf 109 and found the scheme as shown by this model:

Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-6/A 2./EJG 2  von Rolf Seyfried

The build's in German, but from what I gather these Bf 109s hunted Mosquitos at night. I've been unable to find any photos or anything to confirm that this is an actual scheme, but maybe somebody here will know.

Thanks!

first of all the emblem on the nose is incorrect that is a personal emblem for Herr Döring when he flew in JG 300 before he went off to twin engine nf's. second the unit did not go after mosquitos

Nice dio. The two guys must have been standing there a while to have melted all that snow under them though.:lol:

0-Bf-109G10-II.EJG2-(G5+)-Ludwigslust-Germany-1944-45-00.jpg

1-Bf-109G10-II.EJG2-(G5+)-Ludwigslust-Germany-1944-45-01.jpg

Source: Luftwaffe in focus

Last edited:
it's an owl Catch the unit intercepted anything it could catch which was not much. 10th staffel JG 300 with their Bf 109G-6/AS experimented quite a bit with camo schemes all blue, black and then day time camo which was best suited with a dark appearance really overall. Black they found the paint was too heavy and it was found you were not that invisible to your prey like first thought

by the way the colour pic is from Luftwaffe in focus and the 5 has a blue appearance not green as in the profile

The image is from LiF Special No.2 as you can see the image is printed across 2 pages, and it does have the appearance of Blue....but a much better image appears in LiF 13 and the colour certainly looks Green to me..

The pic is very nice. But I'm not sure it was in colour initially. I think it might have been B&W and then made coloured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back