Bf 109H-V54 1:32 based on 21st Century G14

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's cold outside. Time to mount a canopy on the O-nine.

Attachments

• Kopie von IMG_2169.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
The dash board is replaced by a new one at last as are the exhausts. I buyed some Quick-Boost exhausts but I mounted the kit ones sparing the resin items for a more expansive Hasegawa kit.

The front canopy will not be the last word. Found a better one in my spare parts. I will exchange it when I'm back from "Oberschleißheim Air Museum" Model -Fair near Munich in some days.

The new dashboard is showing up a little.

Last edited:
I made little progress last week because of the modelfair in Münich. Maybe you are interested in some pics of the surroundings where we showed our kits.

The 109 got a replacement canopy from the sparebox with better fit.

By the way I sprayed some exhaust stains and added the wing guns.

May be a litte too much but german engines generally produced heavy stains because of high ingrediences of benzol in the gas.

Last edited:
Thanks Michael, I've got a 'Storch" in my stash which I was going to enter in the GB17 build but have run out of time, the P47D took longer than I thought. Any photos that I can get of the plane will help my build, I do have a few I took at the Shuttleworth collection last year but that was before I had bought the kit so didn't take as many as I should've. Is the Storch a fly example like the one at the Shuttleworth Collection? as I notice that there is a drip tray under the engine.

Nice work Michael, and great pics. I'm wondering if that Storch is the one which was restored a year or so ago, either in France or the UK, I think the latter. The colour scheme and markings look familiar.

Hi folks,
the only thing I know about this Storch is that it is here for years.

Back to the V-54. It has to learn now standig on its own feet.

The kit wheels looked a bit narrow. I inserted a spacer. Detail on the wheels is allright.

The wide track solved the notorious pröblems of the 109 landing gear. Unsolved was the ever present buffeting of the weak wings.

Summersault?

Users who are viewing this thread