Bf109E-1 Jg54 Battle of Britain Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Glenn!

I just don't' like using resin sets if their not meant for the kit.... *COUGH* P-47... :lol:

Check out Item # TD48492 at Squadron. Cockpit set for Hobbycraft Bf109k-4
But like I said Harrison, if you close the canopy the kit supplied parts are enough.

Ach zo ! Der Messerschmitt Chicago flugzeugwerke AG ja ?!
The Academy '109s, including the Buchon I've just got, are ex-Hobbycraft, but the moulds have been refined, and they use a better grade of plastic. Very nice indeed, if the Buchon is anything to go by.

I finished modifications to the wing to convert it from an E-3 to an E-1 and I will shoot it with primer tonight to make sure all imperfections have been taken care of.

P8242627.JPG
P8242628.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I think I may have made the access panel lines on the bottom a little too deep though. I always seem to have trouble scribing panel lines. Maybe I'm the reincarnation of the guy who did the panel lines for the Matchbox molds back in the 50s :lol:

Good idea Dan. I'm also going to spray the area with primer to make sure I didn't leave any imperfections with the surgery that went on in that area, and that extra paint will fill the panel lines some what.

Here's the wing with primer sprayed and sanded sitting on my brand new cutting mat. (I've been building models for 40 years so I thought it was about time I bought one!) Looked pretty good so after doing some minor fileing on the joint between the halves of the fuselage, I joined it to the wing. Fit was pretty good although not as good at the Spitfire, and care had to be taken that the upper surface of the wing matched up with the fillet on the fuselage. There will only be some very minor filling and sanding.

P8252630.JPG
P8252631.JPG
P8252635.JPG
P8252636.JPG

Last edited:
Soon Terry, very soon! I hope to get everything at least ready for paint this weekend, but you never know,I just might sneak it in. The following weekend looks like a wash-out as far as modeling goes. Holiday weekend here and we're going out of town to visit friends that live fairly close to the Air Zoo museum in Kalamazoo Michigan, so I hope to get to spend the better part of a day there taking plenty of pictures.

Sounds good mate. It's the 'Bank Holiday' weekend here this weekend, and I'm hoping to get to the other RAF Museum, at Cosford, if my mate isn't called in for duty at work. (Got to use his car, as i haven't replaced the Jeep yet !)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back