BF109G-14 1/48 Hasegawa (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jayl

Senior Airman
May 29, 2009
Here's one I've been working on while giving myself a break from the Avenger. I bought this from a member on another forum and it had some aftermarket items included. I purchased the Eduard PE set and have done some surgery on the true details interior which I'm not very impressed with. One of the things that really bothered me was that the belts sat on top of the seat which sits below the back edge of the cockpit. I had to add some styrene and use a part of a seatbelt set I had laying around to make it more accurate. Ok, on with the pics. I'll be doing the Black 8 from this EagleCals decal set.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Does anyone have pics of the battery box at the rear of the cockpit. This plane had one and I'm thinking about scratching it.

Nice work so far. I might have a pick of the battery box, but someone else can hopefully beat me to it, as it'll take me some time to find it.
Just check on the landing gear oleos - they might have had canvas or rubber gaiters.

Nice work so far. I might have a pick of the battery box, but someone else can hopefully beat me to it, as it'll take me some time to find it.
Just check on the landing gear oleos - they might have had canvas or rubber gaiters.

The references I have show bare metal.

Thanks for the heads up though. If there are corrections I have to make I'd rather do them now. 8)

Got some paint on it yesterday. I used Lifecolour paints and the salt method over Alclad for the chipped paint.

Very nice work. I'm afraid i haven't found a good pic of the battery box yet. I know I've got one somewhere though! BTW, the reference pic showing the oleo appears to be of a museum aircraft, restored. It's very common for parts such as gaiters to be missing from such restored aircraft, as they could have been lost over the years, or, more likely, rotted or perished. For such details, period photos are more reliable.

I know its not perfect but here is another modellers battery box for a bf 109g. Maybe this could help?

Attachments

• battery box.jpg
    battery box.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 176
BTW, the reference pic showing the oleo appears to be of a museum aircraft, restored. It's very common for parts such as gaiters to be missing from such restored aircraft, as they could have been lost over the years, or, more likely, rotted or perished. For such details, period photos are more reliable.

Thanks for the heads up. I hadn't thought of that.

Night Fighter Nut said:
I know its not perfect but here is another modellers battery box for a bf 109g. Maybe this could help?

Thanks for the help with finding pics. I ended up just ordering the EagleParts battery box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back