Bill Runnels passed away

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

With everyone here. Rest in peace, Bill. Mark, Thank you for notifying us and be strong, brother.

R.I.P. Bill.
Though I had few chances to talk to you, I always paid respects to your great career as well as good personality as an old man.

honor-flight-missing-man-formation-susan-stevens-crosby.jpg

We have lost a true American hero and great friend of the forum...:cry2:
Clear skies and may the wind always be at your back. RIP, Bill.

Deepest sympathy to the family and friends of a HELL of a guy! I have no words that can express the what the loss of Bill means to me personally. In my short time here, I saw his wit, wisdom, kindness, and insight light up these forums with his own special form of warmth and joy. There will never be another like him and we are SO much poorer for his passing.

0.jpg
(Courtesy of expressnews.com)

Rest well, Bill. You will be missed.

1 - Mighty 8th AF Museum.jpg
(Courtesy of National Museum of the Mighty Eighth Air Force)

-Irish

Last edited:
It is with a heavy heart that I read this.

Bill was only here for such a short while, but I enjoyed his conversations and his sharing of experiences. He took me back to a time when I was much younger and surrounded by these men of a generation that we may never know again.

God Speed Mr. Runnels, may the wind be at your back and the skies before you ever blue. You will be missed. :salute:

Usually I'm pretty snarky or glib, today words fail me. I had many a good back and forth with Bill in his short time here, always looked forward to his posts, it was like a window back in time. I'll miss Bill greatly ( I know we all will ) he was a last link to my fathers generation, and in a way, to my father who long ago flew west, and I'm not ashamed to say I've got tears welling up writing this.

Bill and his generation were true American heroes who left the shores of their homeland ( indeed, boys from all the Allied nations ) to help save the world from tyranny. We shall not see the like of them again.

God speed Bill, Rest in Peace my friend.

Man, I am so truly saddened. Well written words before my post and I have nothing to add to them.

R.I.P. Bill. Know you left this world, and indeed this forum, for the better because of you.

I am very sad to hear that Bill has passed away.
He was a great man & a friend.
I will miss him and his stories.

Godspeed, Bill Runnels. - With Respect, Honor and Gratitude.

From Bill's son:

Hi everyone. It is with a heavy heart that I inform you that my father passed away yesterday afternoon at the age of 93. I cant begin to tell you how much your kindness meant to him. You were a bright spot for Dad in every since of the word. I must tell you, that the day before he passed away, he was talking to his old bomber crew mates who died in 1945. They were never far from his heart. God bless you all for the love and adoration you showed my Dad. I can tell you this with certainty, that Dad was everything you perceived him to be. A wonderful husband and father and a true war hero. Thank you for honoring him the way you did.

Mark Runnels, Bill's first born
I'm so sorry about that. He seemed a genuinely nice guy

With all... RIP Bill, thankyou for being part of the team here.

My condolences to Mark and the rest of your family. Safe journey.

My condolences to you Marcel and family.
I truly enjoyed Bill's posts and will miss them.

From Bill's son:

Hi everyone. It is with a heavy heart that I inform you that my father passed away yesterday afternoon at the age of 93. I cant begin to tell you how much your kindness meant to him. You were a bright spot for Dad in every since of the word. I must tell you, that the day before he passed away, he was talking to his old bomber crew mates who died in 1945. They were never far from his heart. God bless you all for the love and adoration you showed my Dad. I can tell you this with certainty, that Dad was everything you perceived him to be. A wonderful husband and father and a true war hero. Thank you for honoring him the way you did.

Mark Runnels, Bill's first born
Blue skies and fair winds from here on out.....RIP Bill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back